Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed is venture backed and based in New York City. Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
Sealed is looking for an experienced business development leader and general manager to accelerate our growth into new states and localities.
This is a critical cross-functional leadership role at a company that is creating tangible positive impact and value for people and the planet.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing and working closely with the executive leadership team, you will build upon our learnings from our past expansions to build and execute the playbooks for further geographic growth. You will hire and lead the team to execute our entry into metro areas across the United States. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Own Sealed’s business expansion into new states and localities
- Prioritize target expansion opportunities through critical strategic thought, and analytical rigor
- Solidify our the playbooks for territory selection, launch, and on-going success management
- Research local customer requirements, markets, competitors, and environments. Work closely with marketing to translate insights to refine the customer value proposition for each new market
- Generate and manage relationships with critical local stakeholders including energy utility companies, government officials, and contracting businesses
- Coordinate cross-departmentally with marketing, sales, service, operations and finance to ensure organized launches, well-managed relationships, and successful tracking of revenue performance for each new territory
- Establish goals, plans, and related KPIs. Forecast and track outcomes for reporting to executive leadership
- Build the team required to execute on simultaneous expansions into 10+ new states in the next 24 months
- 7+ years of total work experience
- 4+ years experience in general management, program management, business development, or management consulting
- Demonstrated impact on revenue and growth trajectory of Series A-C stage businesses
- Experience with geographic expansion at a start-up company with a regional, ideally hyper-local, growth strategy
- Strategic and tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable processes from scratch, ideally in an operations intensive environment
- Track record independently managing consequential projects or programs with a cross-functional team
- Willingness to travel 25-50% of the time
Nice to have
- Experience working in a locally regulated industry (e.g. energy, transportation)
- Experience in network growth for a marketplace, financial services, home improvement, or similar company
- Hardworking, resourceful and gritty: when you have a goal, you find a way to meet it
- Comfortable asking hard questions to get to the root of a problem, and creatively solve it
- An architect and a builder - you can imagine what you want to create, and don’t mind doing the hard work to bring your vision to life
- Detail oriented and organized project manager, with ruthless prioritization and the ability to manage people in all directions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- You can’t stand waste. Whether it’s energy waste, or wasted time, transforming waste to value is in your DNA
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits