Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the RoleThe Government Partnerships Manager will work closely with the Head of Government Partnerships, East for their region and our Business team in order to generate new relationships; proactively reaching out to new potential government partners and working to bring them on board.
- Help Spin expand its products and services to new cities.
- Tailor messaging to communicate benefits of micro-mobility to various stakeholders.
- Creating new business leads and converting inbound inquiries into opportunities.
- Contacting potential clients by email/phone/social media/conferences to create opportunities.
- Building strong rapport with clients to drive long-term relationships, including city staff, elected officials, and community groups.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of time.
- Lobby for regulations that are sensible and benefit Spin’s operations.
- Transfer knowledge to Spin’s Operations team to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Support the Head in tracking the regions’ progress, including managing the company’s CRM and reporting to the Head of Government Partnerships, East.
- Develop content to support presentations, email campaigns, conference booths, etc.
- This person will focus on the East and will be based in New York City.
- 8+ years of experience in Urban Planning, State and Local Government, Business Development, Government Relations in a relevant industry (tech, transportation, government, education, and/or sustainability)
- Strong proposal writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge and design skills in Google products and Microsoft Suite.
- Experience lobbying for public policies that include emerging technologies in highly competitive market.
- Ability to prioritize, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience navigating bureaucracy and interacting with various, local stakeholders.
- Experience in public speaking, especially in front of elected officials - for example, giving public comment at a City Council meeting.
- Thorough attention to detail when analyzing regulatory frameworks, and the ability to strategically lobby for policies that benefit Spin.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.