The Channel Sales Manager is responsible for driving results and improving the quality of sales, while managing the day-to-day with our third-party sales teams. A successful candidate will be detail-oriented, analytical, and driven, identifying opportunities and executing initiatives to maximize sales. They should be articulate and effective when communicating with entry-level employees as well as senior leadership, as they will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with internal cross functional teams and external partners. Additionally, this person should be passionate about their career, and have a strong desire for personal growth and development.
This role is currently being conducted remotely with limited time in the field. If office and/or store visits are necessary and approved, all safety protocols should be adhered to and proper PPE should be worn.
THE CHANNEL SALES MANAGER HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve and Maximize Sales - Consistently meet or exceed sales targets for the channel. Motivate and hold accountable, sales partners to achieve sales and quality objectives through communication, training and education of best practices.
- Analyze and Drive Solutions: Consistently monitor sales performance utilizing reports and dashboards. Develop action plans as needed to drive growth and achieve KPI targets.
- Relationship Building and Management: Provide direct support to sales managers in the field with information regarding products, sales practices, processes and/or policies.
- Creating an Engaging Partner Experience: Consistently visit offices to build excitement about Inspire by interacting with sales reps and building strong relationship managers that can be leveraged for optimal performance and organizational needs.
- Driving a World-Class Customer Experience: Effectively work with Sales Quality and Training Team on coaching and/or corrective measures that may be required resulting from customer feedback or complaints.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Achieve or exceed monthly sales targets
- Launch one event per month in each market (COVID Dependent)
- Achieve a 68% Activation rate
- Achieve a 50% Subscription rate
- Problem Solver - anticipates challenges and offers resolutions while considering and analyzing all potential outcomes.
- Effective Communicator - able to present and articulate information to varying levels of internal and external partners.
- Builds and Develops Relationships - quickly engages and develops rapport with others using a foundation of trust and open dialogue.
- Must Have
- 4 years of relevant sales, business development or third party relationship management experience
- Prior experience analyzing data and presenting key finding and recommendations
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Willing to travel up to 50% of work week as COVID restrictions are removed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of the energy market or utilities
- Experience with sustainability initiatives
- Third party in-person sales/marketing
- Event sales experience