At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.T
he Senior Demand Planner for Sales will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the sales demand forecast including changes both short term and long term, variance, accuracy and statistical models to inform long term planning.
They will work closely with the sales team to translate the sales forecast into a demand forecast to hand off to the Supply Chain and Operations team to inform capacity planning.
- Participate in S&OP meetings to help translate sales forecast into demand plans actionable for supply chain – lead week 1 demand review.
- Implement an efficient and lasting forecasting process to assist in improved accuracy and better communication to supply chain and operations.
- Work cross functionally with sales, commercialization and supply chain to plan for successful product launches.
- Input sales business units forecasts into demand forecast in a timely manner.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and historical demand.
- Report out on major changes and fluctuations in demand.
- Forecast versus actuals accuracy calculations and reporting.
- Implement new strategies to improve forecast accuracy.
- Work with Sales and sales planning teams to provide forecast information to sales and executive teams including LE, planned versus actuals, areas of improvement.
- Sales administrator demand planning software including customer, item, business unit hierarchy and maintenance.
- Work with sales and commercial team to maintain customer warehouse relationships.
- Create effective visualizations within Tableau to assist in reporting out metrics.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
- BA/BS required, preferably in business, supply chain or statistics5+ years of CPG experience with a minimum of 3 years in a demand planning/forecasting role.
- Experience with Netsuite a plus.
- Experience with Tableau a plus.
- Strong mathematical or statistical knowledge.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with MS Excel
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make decisions.
- Capable of presenting data and analyses in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to manage a wide variety of projects with tight deadlines.
- Very detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills, to both internal and external audiences.
- HQ-based position, limited travel may be required.