At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta's award-winning charging stations benefit brands, consumers, and real-estate locations by providing valuable advertising space to businesses and convenient charging to drivers. Strategically located in places consumers already visit, Volta's chargers are currently the most used electric vehicle charging stations in the United States.
We are seeking a motivated Senior Analyst, SEC Reporting
to join our growing Finance Team. We are looking for a strong SEC reporting analyst who understands the strategic value of thoughtful processes and will dive into the details to build them (while having fun along the way). You will be running point on the financial reporting process.
The Senior Analyst, SEC Reporting prepares the 10-Q/K, coordinates quarterly close activities and assists with various financial analyses. This individual will interface extensively with the general ledger team, the legal department and the external auditors. In addition, the Senior SEC Analyst participates in any ad hoc projects and the implementation of any process/system improvements as needed.
This new role will provide an essential contribution to Volta’s external reporting as part of a new SEC reporting team focused on effectively delivering on a timely basis, Cash Flows, earnings releases and 10-Q/K filings. You’ll make an impact at Volta by influencing and enhancing not only the outputs of our Finance team but the processes by which outputs are arrived at and delivered. Our ideal candidate approaches all elements of their work with integrity and is experienced in a variety of technical accounting areas as well as financial reporting process management. You are a dedicated team-player, self-motivated, and extremely organized and detail-oriented.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA
(or can be remote) and will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting
- Draft the primary financial statements, including the consolidated balance sheet, income statement, and statement of equity
- Prepare the 10-Q/K footnote disclosures and the associated workpapers
- Collaborate and liaise with the entire finance and accounting team and external auditors
- Perform flux analyses at the consolidated-level
- Support the adoption of new accounting pronouncementsInterpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements
- Provide insight to or participate in the preparation of new or existing accounting policies based on evolving industry standards and best practices and drive changes in those areas
- Support ad hoc reporting requests as needed; Participate in broader SEC reporting or corporate reporting initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration with a CPA license
- 3+ years of experience in accounting and financial reporting experience; public company SEC reporting experience is required
- Auditing experience from a Big 4 accounting firm is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding and proficiency with US GAAP and SEC regulations
- Desire to work in a fast paced team environment with the ability to clearly articulate requests to cross-functional business partners
- Organized, self-motivated with a growth mindset
- Experience with Workiva or other financial statement reporting tool required
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- A passion for sustainability and electric vehicles
- Experience with financial reporting at an advertising or real estate/construction company
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus