At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta's award-winning charging stations benefit brands, consumers, and real-estate locations by providing valuable advertising space to businesses and convenient charging to drivers. Strategically located in places consumers already visit, Volta's chargers are currently the most used electric vehicle charging stations in the United States.
We are seeking a motivated Senior Analyst, Construction Projects
to join our growingFinanceTeam. We are looking for a strong candidate who understands the strategic value of thoughtful processes and will dive into the details to build them (while having fun along the way).
This new role will provide an essential contribution to Volta’s project finance team focused on effectively delivering project cost analysis to support leadership and the business growth. You’ll make an impact at Volta by influencing and enhancing not only the outputs of our Finance team but the processes by which outputs are arrived at and delivered. Our ideal candidate approaches all elements of their work with integrity and is experienced in a variety of construction and fixed assets areas as well as the analytical review and process improvement. You are a dedicated team-player, self-motivated, and extremely organized and detail-oriented.
The Senior Analyst, Construction Projects, coordinates monthly and quarterly close activities and assists with various financial analyses. This individual will interface extensively with operation teams. In addition, the Construction Senior Analyst participates in any ad hoc projects and the implementation of any process/system improvements as needed.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA
and will report to the Senior Manager, Project Finance
- Perform monthly, quarterly and year end reconciliations as well as flux analysis for project cost and fixed asset related accounts
- Complete project cost analysis over engineering, construction, and procurement operations
- Collaborate and liaise with construction, and engineering teams
- Identify project related accruals
- Assist with revenue recognition and project percentage of completion analysis
- Play an active role in the implementation and UAT of fixed assets and revenue recognition
- Assist with quarterly audits
- Proactively identify issues and assist in optimizing systems, upgrades, and automation of finance process
- Support ad hoc requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience (or 2+ years in public accounting)
- Experience in manufacturing and construction a plus
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple priorities
- A passion for sustainability and electric vehicles
- Experience with NetSuite