Why We’re Rad (about us): Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer-direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high-quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists. Madly growing, we are seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer to help us design, build and maintain many of the services and technologies that are central to Rad’s mission - an unrivaled customer experience. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to support a dynamic team, read on. This position is REMOTE and ideal candidates will be located in Vancouver BC, Salt Lake City, UT or Portland, OR. Our Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our systems run at peak performance for our customers while mentoring a team of developers dedicated to creating a great customer experience. You’ll be leading the decisions across our architecture, driving technical design and implementation helping to move our technology forward.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Proven track record of building and maintaining highly scalable products
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration/deployments, testing and development operations
- You seek new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- You understand the importance of writing testable and maintainable code
- Experience mentoring and managing small, agile software development teams
- Writing and maintaining effective documentation does not scare you
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience Experience with Python, Node, Go, Rails
- Experience with professionally building web applications for 2+ years
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
You get bonus points for:
- Prior experience in Ecomm or omnichannel industry
- Experience in building and maintaining various CI/CD pipelines and cloud-based container orchestration
- Shipped a product in the last 2 years
- Developed a GraphQL based API
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Built and maintained our eComm platform (Shopify), ensuring all builds were tested and deployed in a timely manner
- Built and scaled backend services and partner APIs
- Managed code integration projects for our ERP layer with systems such as Shopify, our 3rd party Warehouse Management Systems and NetSuite accounting systems.
- Worked with designers, and PMs to define feature specifications and ship new features and products to our customers
- Helped to define our Software roadmap as part of the Engineering leadership team
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.