Tomorrow.io Space division is responsible for the development of unique spaceborne sensing systems and for the overall space mission, from architecture through implementation. The data being collected will be integrated seamlessly into Tomorrow.io existing forecasting and modelling systems and will revolutionize global weather forecasting and insights.
We are looking for Scientist that will focus on the instrument data processing, instrument performance definition, algorithm development, and calibration/validation methods for a novel set of sensors that Tomorrow.io is developing.
As a Scientist within the Space division at Tomorrow.io, you will play a critical role in the development, science data processing, and operation of a novel spaceborne radar system. You will work with a multidisciplinary team of hardware developers, systems engineers, and scientists. Your focus will span the development and implementation of data processing methods, simulation, and application to test and operational environments.
Both individual contributor and team leadership positions are available.
What you bring:
- Background in airborne and/or spaceborne instruments for weather/climate applications
- Extensive background in payload data simulations and geophysical parameter retrievals from underlying measurements (L0 to L2 data processing)
- A PhD in mathematics, physics, engineering, or a comparable field with application in atmospheric science
- Experience working within multidisciplinary technical teams
- Experience working with external vendors and subcontractors
You might also have:
- Direct experience with radar systems
- Direct experience with field testing and validation of instrument performance
- Experience working on cloud computing systems, especially Amazon AWS or Google Cloud
- Familiarity with weather forecasting methods
- 5+ years experience beyond your PhD
What you’ll do:
- Develop sensor processing methods and software (L0 to L2)
- Develop and validate simulation methods to quantify and characterize system performance
- Develop sensor performance requirements and system conops
- Participate in test campaigns and associated data processing
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States lawfully must be provided
___________________________________________________________________________________________ About tomorrow.io: Tomorrow.io
is the world’s leading Weather Intelligence PlatformTM. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io
to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io
was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins. Space:
In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth. How we roll:
We work in an “one office” environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.