Full Harvest is a high-growth, VC-backed AgTech startup solving food waste (Forbes’ Top 25 Innovative AgTech Startups). We are the first B2B marketplace connecting farms with food & beverage businesses to sell ugly and surplus produce that would have otherwise gone to waste. 30-40% of food is wasted every year around the globe. Are you up to the challenge of helping solve one of the world's largest problems of food waste?
Full Harvest has been featured in major publications including Tech Crunch, WSJ, Forbes, the Economist and featured on Bloomberg. We have been recognized as the top World Changing Idea in Food by Fast Company and our CEO, Christine Moseley was named ‘#2 Most Innovative Women in Food and Drink’ by Fortune. Our board member list includes Ann Venemen, Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture and Nestle Board Member, Spark Capital and Cultivian Sandbox.
You will focus on sourcing and closing new food & beverage manufacturers, food processors and ingredient companies, playing a critical role in scaling revenue for the company. You will attend various conferences and events (once possible) as well as leverage any potential networks to significantly build the business. You will also have the opportunity to contribute in the development and shaping of systems and strategies of Full Harvest’s sales processes with food & beverage customers. This position will require 25% travel (once possible).
- Research, identify, and generate new opportunities on a weekly basis via the phone and web
- Serve as a senior account executive to fill pipeline, onboard buyers to the marketplace and close new food & beverage buyers to purchase
- Consistent track record of high-growth sales success and achievement (e.g. exceeding quota consistently, forward-thinking revenue responsibility and forecasting).
- Pitch compelling presentations and support pre-sales product demonstrations that highlight the value of Full Harvest marketplace.
- Attend food and agriculture events to network and build relationships with buyers (virtual for now)
- Outreach to prospective new accounts via phone, email, and in-person meetings to fact find and generate new leads
- Become an expert on Full Harvest’s online marketplace as well as produce to onboard as many buyers as possible quickly
- Understand the buyer’s procurement needs and align with the Full Harvest value proposition and supply. Identify commodities of opportunity and sell the buyer on Full Harvest’s produce SKUs
- Negotiate pricing agreements and finalize buyer contracts
- Collaborate with the Logistics/Supply team and lead new buyer onboarding,
- Work closely with operations to communicate customer needs and secure fulfillment of orders
- Passion for Full Harvest’s mission
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual with 5+ years of experience in B2B Sales or Business Development
- Experience in high-growth tech startup preferred
- Sales experience in building pipeline and closing business
- Quick learner, can get up to speed on a new industry/new product rapidly
- Experienced project manager who can juggle a lot of moving parts with strong executional / operational roll-out skills
- Ability to prequalify accounts and consistently fill the pipeline to meet sales goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer-facing experience
- Strong organizational skills (keeping CRM up-to-date) and follow-through, detail oriented
- An outstanding team player and excellent communication skills with the ability to work across departments for flawless execution
- Persistent and resourceful with a high sense of urgency
- Existing network and/or understanding of food manufacturing or produce industry - a plus but not required
- Experience utilizing Salesforce for pipeline management
- BA, Business Administration or similar
How We Operate:
As a team, we are focused on our mission of empowering sustainability solving food waste and we strive to do this by executing in the following ways:
- We are results focused and rely on each other to accomplish our goals
- We deliver consistently strong performance
- We go to great lengths to understand and delight customers
- We give and receive candid and direct feedback
- We admit mistakes openly and are not afraid to ask for help
- We look for solutions in unexpected places
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission - solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k plan
- Commuter Benefits
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.