Role: Brand Operations Manager (6 month FTC)
Location: Any of our offices
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Reporting into the Senior Brand Operations Manager for the Experience Migration project, the Brand Operations Manager will play a critical role in one of the most exceptional tasks our business has undertaken to date.
We’re looking for an experienced Brand Operations Manager with significant creative project management experience to support planning and delivery of an experience migration project with multiple moving parts, the project in its entirety will encompass a number of brands, technical platform and member migration projects but will be managed as one coordinated project. The individual will help support the planning and delivery of the brand and communications elements of this project appropriately, working closely with cross functional teams to understand their workflows and dependencies.
The role will include supporting the management of creative outputs in line with timings and in partnership with the internal creative studio.
What will I be doing?
You will be part of a tight knit project team working purely on this change project, but you will have regular engagement with the brand and marketing team for support. You will also be hands on with cross functional teams from marketing, tech, compliance all the way to the UX/UI community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the development of a complex multi team project plan and day to day operational management of the plan. Including support in phasing the different elements of the total migration brand and marketing plan.
- Support the resource and workstream planning of all project elements, aligned with delivery of the creative project output across multiple projects and brand migrations
- Ensuring all creative assets are delivered on time and spec and that any issues are dealt with expediently.
- Support the Senior Brand Ops Manager and the Lead SSE Migration Brand Marketer in the planning phase of the migration, providing project management support and working collaboratively to deliver the necessary solutions
- Support creative project managers to ensure the project is on track and on schedule and, where appropriate, support on delivery of assets
- Send regular updates to the Senior Brand Ops Manager and stakeholders on the progress of the project, calling out any risks or blockers as needed
- Support the day to day management of the project managers on the project
- Attend all core team and wider cross-functional status meetings and be a key Brand figure within these - to share updates, resolve questions and circulate relevant action points
- Support Senior Brand Operations Manager in filling in and communicating project and process documentation
- Deputise for Senior Brand Operations Manager in Steercos and workings teams across the entire migration project when needed
- Ensure all teams adhere to project processes and tools - identifying inefficiencies or opportunities for improvement along the way
Is this the job for me?
You’ll need experience handling creative teams as well as planning and leading large and fast paced projects with multiple deliverables. This project is complex in nature and you will need to be skilled in simplifying the complicated, communicating clearly and working at speed without compromising the quality of output.
Ideally you will have:
- Proven experience in project management, ideally in house brand side, agency applicants will be considered if skills align.
- Experience working in a cross functional manner ensuring all project streams align to wider project work
- Clear communicator with experience in ambiguous environments
- A track record of producing high-quality digital branded content across a breadth channels, platforms and mediums
- Organisation skills are critical - you will be coordinating multiple stakeholders across multiple tasks from multiple projects daily
- Experience using Project Management systems (IE Jira or equivalent) and Resourcing Tools (IE Float or equivalent)
- Proactive project manager used to working to tight timeframes
- Hands-on multi-tasker, a strategic powerhouse and comfortable with all elements of creative delivery
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Friendly and approachable teammate, able to form positive relationships within the creative studio and wider organisation
- Day-to-day direction of project progression and coordination of all strands of project development
- Proven experience of supporting projects that are already moving and an ability to add value from day one. Specific experience of the project management of marketing and brand teams and their interface into wider (preferably digital businesses) is a must.
- Relish the challenge of a fast paced, matrix working environment
- A real people person who develops meaningful working relationships quickly and maintains them successfully
- An exemplary team player, at their best when working within a collective to deliver a shared vision
- Energy and positivity; the person everyone wants to have in the room
- Incredible organisation in a way which instills confidence into all
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!