Why We’re RAD (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer-direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high-quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Seattle, we are seeking a gifted iOS Engineer to help us design, build, and maintain many of the services, technologies and soon to come native iOS applications that are central to Rad’s infrastructure, providing critical business and customer value every day.
Our iOS Engineer will be responsible for building the interface between data, systems and our Rad riding customers. You’ll be taking on new problems across our architecture, driving technical design and implementation helping to move our technology forward. This role reports to our Senior Developer and is part of a cross-functional Technology organization.
Why You’re RAD (about you):
- 5+ years experience working with iOS
- Experience with onboard data including SQLite, Coredata, or equivalent
- A thorough understanding of Bluetooth and connecting with Bluetooth devices
- You feel comfortable interacting and communicating with external hardware devices
- You have a strong foundation in Apple’s HIG, or can at least talk about it on an academic level
- You know how to expertly navigate Apple's review system and can coach the rest of the organization on this process
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration/deployments, testing and operations
- You seek new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- You know the value of creating and maintaining effective documentation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with both local & regionally remote teammates
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience shipping mobile apps through the Apple App Store
- A thorough understanding of App Store Connect admin console.
You get bonus points for:
Sounding good? Read on to understand what matters most to us:
- Past experience working with IoT devices and iOS together
- Experience with Fluter, React Native, Android native, Kotlin
- Experience with GraphQL
- Open-source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- Project management experience
- You’ve dabbled in other Apple ecosystems: watchOS, iOS widgets, macOS
At Rad we take our company values seriously. They are lived out into everything we do. Our RADICAL values really do frame what our expectations are for each and every team member. We are: -
Responsible to our environment, community and team -
Accountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedback -
Diverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voice -
Innovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are original -
Customer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our riders -
Approachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to help -
Learners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve
Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com. Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.