Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed is venture backed and based in New York City. Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
Sealed is looking for an out-of-the-box storyteller to lead our creative team in producing all assets both visual and verbal.
This is an opportunity to apply your artistry at a first-of-its-kind company that is creating tangible positive impact for people and the planet. And it’ll be a fun challenge: it takes a talented storyteller to get the public excited about insulation and HVAC!
Reporting to the VP of Marketing and working closely with the other parts of the Marketing org (Growth, Lifecycle, Partnerships, and Digital Product functions), you will build upon our brand foundation and historical learnings about the narratives and images that resonate with our audiences. You will lead our existing creative team, and expand the team as we grow. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Imagine new approaches to telling our unique story across multiple mediums, translating your vision into clear creative direction for our team and partners
- Work with your colleagues to leverage data-backed insights to guide creative strategy
- Create memorable advertising that cuts through the noise: you’ll oversee all stages of copywriting and visual design from concepting through production for a variety of advertising channels: e-mail, snail mail, social media, and television
- Evolve the Sealed brand and creative guidelines
- Lead, guide, and support our talented creative team (boutique agency design team, two contract copywriters, two video agency partners), and build the internal and external team to ensure we are resourced to keep up with our team and audience’s insatiable demand for ever-fresh ideas and content
- 7+ years of total work experience
- 4+ years experience in creative direction, copywriting, art direction, brand management or similar, ideally in-house
- Excellent writing skills, both long and short form
- A sharp eye for visual aesthetics and storytelling
- Experience ideating and producing creative content for a business with a complex, unusual product
- Fluency with digital advertising creative in a direct-to-consumer context
- You have a mind brimming with crazy ideas and imagination - you can make even the most boring things feel sexy and fun
- If you’re a writer you have an eye for style: you don’t have to be Da Vinci, but you must think like a designer, be able to communicate visually, and know what good looks like
- If you’re a designer, you are a poet, too: you don’t have to be Emerson, but you should be able to edit and vet copy.
- A true empath with high EQ, you can relate to people and tell stories in a way that could make them cry from humor or sentimentality
- Detail oriented and organized planner and manager, with the ability to manage people in all directions
- Hardworking, resourceful and gritty: you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. When you have a goal, you find a way to meet it
- Comfortable asking hard questions to get to the root of a challenge, and finding unusual solutions
- You have an existing network of talented people and agencies you can’t wait to add to our extended creative team
- You can’t stand waste. Whether it’s energy waste, or wasted time, transforming waste to value is in your DNA
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits