The Fellowship Manager will be responsible for the operational and program management of fellowships in Boston. This person will oversee local customization and execution of key fellowship elements including fellow selection, educational programming, and fellowship operations and evaluation.
The Fellowship Manager will report to the Chief Fellowship Officer, and work closely with Activate’s Boston site team, including its Managing Director and fellows, as well as partners at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.
- Oversee the Boston-based fellow selection process
- Responsible for planning and execution of fellow onboarding, education, and exit
- Manage fellowship operations, including program calendar, key meetings, information systems, and workflows, for the Boston site team
- Help plan, lead, and facilitate dynamic, interactive sessions between the fellows and the broader community
- Support evaluation of the fellowship by collecting and analyzing data on the performance of the fellowship site, the fellows, and the fellows’ companies
- Work with the Managing Director to cultivate a supportive and inclusive environment for the fellows
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a keen ability to collect, process, organize, and communicate complex information
- Has a track record of successful program management in a dynamic and evolving work environment
- Is able to quickly and seamlessly transition from working collaboratively as a member of a team to self-motivated individual contribution
- Has exceptional communication, facilitation, and relationship skills, and the ability to work productively with varied personalities
- Believes in the power of science innovation to combat climate change and create a more sustainable, resilient, equitable global economy
- Understands that innovation starts with people, not ideas
About the Role
The Fellowship Manager Is based in, or can relocate to, the Boston, MA, area, and will be hired as a full time employee of Activate with competitive salary and full benefits.
Activate’s culture is built around the following values:
- We put people first through mutual support, respect, and continuous improvement
- We live in trust, acting with authenticity, integrity, and a presumption of good intention
- We appreciate experimentation, using data to improve, and accepting that failure and discomfort are necessary for growth
- We create value through connection and building community
- We are guided by intention and are purpose-driven to improve society
Activate Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Atmosphere, Buildings & Cities, Carbon Removal & Utilization Engineering, Climate Risk, Consumer Goods, Ecosystems & Biodiversity, Energy, Food & Agriculture, Funding, Materials & Manufacturing, Pollution & Waste Reduction, Research & Education, Supporting Catalysts, Transportation
Alternative Cement, Biomass, Bioplastics, Geothermal Power, Ocean Power, Perennial Biomass Production
New Energy Network