Afresh is on a mission to reduce food waste and increase access to nutritious food globally by transforming the fresh food supply chain. Our AI-powered solutions optimize the multi-trillion-dollar grocery industry's food ordering, production, and merchandising processes. We are relentlessly focused on helping grocers reduce waste, increase profitability, and bring better, fresher food to their communities. Afresh is currently deployed in hundreds of grocery stores across the United States and is on track to reduce 30 million pounds of food waste per year with our existing customers alone. By 2021, we're aiming to reduce food waste by a quarter billion pounds per year.We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact. As an Afresh employee, you’ll own meaningful work that will challenge you and change the future of how fresh, nutritious food makes its way through the supply chain. We hope you'll join us!About the RoleWe’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager who can learn from our customers, digest our technology and vision, and build a strategy that’ll take our product and brand story to the next level. You’ll move between strategy and execution, focusing on being the audience expert, defining messaging, building launch plans, enabling our sales team, and creating content that amplifies the Afresh story and differentiates us in our market. You’ll need to work cross-functionally across sales, customer success, product, and design. As one of the first marketers at Afresh, you’ll have the opportunity to define some of the critical marketing strategies that will shape our long-term growth strategy.
What will you do?
- Deeply understand our customer base and competitive landscape to advise your work (overall marketing strategy, content, messaging, and positioning) and help craft the product strategy and roadmap
- Partner with nearly every team at Afresh management, sales, design, customer success, and engineering—to develop core messaging that emphasizes Afresh’s outstanding value for key audiences and use cases
- Write content detailing our product capabilities and differentiation including one pagers, blog posts, and more as needed
- Plan and execute large product launches, report back on their performance, and optimize these processes for scale
- Share experience and insights across Afresh to help us better understand our customers
What skills or experience do you need?
- The following represent attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- ~3-5 years of product marketing experience in B2B SaaS companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working closely with sales and with top-down sales business models
- Strong analytical skills and able to synthesize meaningful insights from broad sets of qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfort working in high-growth, fast-paced environments
- Experience working cross-functionally with team members at varying levels of seniority
Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML).
We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), James McCann's (former CEO at Ahold USA, Tesco, Carrefour) Food Retail Ventures, Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.