We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for a lead to run business operations to be based within our Infrastructure Organization, working directly with key Engineering leaders. This candidate will handle day to day business operations and help to execute against pivotal programs. Working as a multi-functional leader, this role will be working with key leads within Infrastructure and also with other business units throughout Cruise in handling technical communications and help lead programs from inception to launch, and ensuring success of cross collaborative efforts between business units.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Run day-to-day operations processes of key Infrastructure (including Enterprise IT) teams, and establishing a framework for reporting progress.
- Communicate across diverse groups within engineering, operations, legal, vehicles, and support teams to understand needs and align on priorities.
- Help define a framework for horizontal and vertical technical communication via various means such as dashboards, technical and roadmap newsletters
- Use data to track and evaluate critical metrics; proactively propose and champion process, tooling, or documentation.
- Prioritize and handle Infrastructure All Hands and Planning Offsite
- Work with senior leadership on generation of new processes and documentation.
- Be the go-to program manager for all things operations related to Cruise Infrastructure, multi-functional Engineering partners, and Recruiting.
- Successfully follow through on strategy on short and long-term department goals, which will be developed directly with the Head of Infrastructure.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Ability to drive forward solutions in ambiguous situations with limited supervision.
- Ability to evaluate interpersonal structures and processes and implement measurable improvements through targeted change initiatives.
- 5+ years of work experience
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts.
- Organized, problem solver that can navigate different projects, tools, and partners and communicate status, progress, issues, and changes to diverse audiences.
- Analytical and data-oriented; can build and use critical metrics / dashboards to monitor sophisticated operations.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about autonomous technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.