We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a skilled Software Automation Engineer to dive deep into our software, write code to create and extend test frameworks, create tools to aid in verification of our quality, provide guidance in defining test strategies, technologies, and implement new processes to streamline our quality. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to raise the quality bar of our Autonomous Vehicle Software.
What you will be doing:
- Always be reviewing processes for automation and tooling efficiency.
- Develop tools to enhance and enable statistical quality analysis.
- Identify and fill test framework and tooling gaps.
- Advise test strategies, test plans, and test methodologies.
- Create and support test reports/dashboards.
- Efficiently execute test cases and prioritize based on changes.
- Find, isolate, document, redress, and supervise bugs through resolution.
- Interpret and report test results and be a vocal proponent for quality.
- Maintain/build test infrastructure.
What you must have:
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role with testing experience and C++ and/or Python.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience automating test processes, writing test frameworks, and devising test cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment, knowledge of QA concepts and methodology and CI/CD.
- Proficient with Agile testing methodologies and software development practices.
- Strong problem solving skills and utilize data to drive decisions.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of software engineering practices & standard methodologies for the full software development lifecycle, including agile software development, use of source control management.
- Experience in testing high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with open source tools and resources, such as BuildKite or CircleCI.
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.