Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect IT (at our Hanover, MD location) is looking for an extraordinary IT Warehouse Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience and delivering world-class technical support. Our team works cross-functionally to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations, and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, maintain warehouse networks, provide hands-on support, and adhere to security standards for all Imperfect employees.
You will be a customer service and support evangelist, working with the team and assisting our customers via in-person walkup, support tickets, email, and chat. You will work closely with other IT support staff to build and maintain IT support documentation and tools, coordinate schedules, administer IT queues, handle escalations and drive IT initiatives. You love building relationships across the company. You have strong expertise in at least one of the following areas: SaaS management, network configuration, server administration, and desktop support. You are passionate about providing the best customer service experience possible, mentoring others, and driving best practices within the team.
This is an exciting time to join us and to support the growing IT team at Imperfect. This position will report to the Warehouse IT Manager. If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions and passionate about fighting food waste, we'd love to hear from you!
- Own and drive IT projects and deliverables for the IT team
- Deploy and maintain computer systems, Windows servers, and network infrastructure
- Assist in the implementation of IT systems in new facilities including warehouses and office spaces with a focus on single-point failure redundancy
- Handle strategic redundancy efforts to improve uptime and overall performance at fulfillment centers
- Create great documentation while building out our knowledge articles to help deflect helpdesk tickets and empower end-users to resolve issues on their own
- Recommend and deliver solutions which streamline processes, implement automation when possible, and improve ease of use
- Respond to daily tickets of the help desk, making sure all issues are properly escalated and resolved, all while placing yourself in the end-users’ shoes
- Support warehouse hardware and software for improved order fulfillment, this includes troubleshooting, upgrading, and taking ownership of the fulfillment center technical responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in helpdesk support and IT infrastructure
- Proficiency in macOS and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with Mobile Device Management Ownership of Windows Servers with Hyper-V
- Knowledge of networking concepts (switching, firewalls, AP’s, LAN/WAN etc.).
- Experience with SaaS apps such as G Suite, O365, Slack, Zoom, Atlassian
- Confidence collaborating with external partners and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems with technology
- Background working in a fast-paced start-up environment, with a scrappy get-things-done attitude
- You’re a skilled problem solver. You can figure out why someone can’t log in to their laptop, or recommend equipment upgrades and make it happen.
- You have a deep technical background and willing to share knowledge at every opportunity
- You have excellent customer support skills
- You work well in a busy environment, prioritizing and following up on tech problems through the end
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Warehouse IT Manager
- Position based out of our Hanover, MD facility
- You’re a supportive and active presence in the warehouse five days a week or as needed to support the business. If the warehouse is running smoothly there is room for flexibility on remote work
- Domestic travel to new and existing facilities required as needed
- Ability to be on call 24/7 one week out of the month, based on rotation
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- A mix of sedentary and standing work
- Occasional movement around the office may be vital
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Ability to relocate large screens and conference room equipment
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.