At Afresh, our mission is to make the fresh food supply chain more efficient, thus spectacularly reducing food waste and making fresh, nutritious food available and accessible to everyone. Our A.I.-powered solutions optimize ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments for brick-and-mortar grocers. The results are powerful: grocers using Afresh are on track to reduce more than 20M pounds of food waste, while increasing fresh sales by 3%, massively increasing their profitability.
Afresh is looking for a Support Specialist to help provide unparalleled support and guidance to our customers. You will help resolve customer inquiries that arise with Afresh solutions, creating strong customer relationships, and cultivating promoters of our brand and product.
You'll also help to build and improve our processes as a team, helping to develop internal documentation, canned responses, and repeatable sleuthing protocol to help scale our customer support function as we continue to grow our customer base. You have email and phone based support experience, a love of problem-solving, and are driven to help reduce fresh food waste in the grocery industry!
We are a hardworking team united by our mission to make an impact -- we hope you’ll join us!
What will you do?
- Resolve tickets via email and (occasionally) on the phone with clear, concise, empathetic communication, helping to identify, debug, and raise higher priority issues to our engineering and product teams
- Help to collect and analyze customer feedback, using ticket data to identify recurring issues that, when fixed, improve both the customer experience and the product, driving our mission to reduce food waste
- Help to build and improve upon our debugging, triaging, and customer concern protocol to make support at Afresh effective, timely, and a fabulous experience for our end users
- Deeply understand Afresh's customers' needs, how our different Partners' needs differ, and serve as the voice of the customer
- Grow with the organization and our needs as a team, potentially specializing in specific Partner needs, and/or helping to build out the team by training future teammates
What skills and experience do you bring?
- The following represent attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 1+ years of experience in technical customer support
- SQL experience, both writing and understanding queries, using database tools and dashboard tools; basic to intermediate coding knowledge
- Knowledge and experience working with a product that includes custom integrations and ML solutions preferred, but not required
- Experience in retail or grocery preferred, but not required
- Work remotely from an Eastern timezone or a European timezone to provide timely support to our customers
- Strong strategic and analytical problem solver with exceptional execution and problem-solving capabilities
- Acute attention to detail, and an ability to retain a large, constantly evolving set of specific details; you live for the thrill of connecting the dots
- A clear, concise, empathetic writer and exceptional communicator who can internalize customers' feedback and effectively advocate for their needs
- Familiarity with various data stores (traditional databases, data warehouses, key/value stores, etc.) preferred
- Organized and self-motivated individual, comfortable operating within ambiguity
- Strong self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, small team environment that is capable and willing to wear multiple hats and own end-to-end processes and follow-up
- Effective collaborator with customers and Afresh's Customer Success, Sales, Product, and Engineering teams
Where will you be working?
- This is a remote position and you should be based in the Eastern Time Zone of the United States or a European Time zone (Our home office is based in San Francisco).
Afresh is the first A.I.-powered
fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), James McCann's (former CEO at Ahold USA, Tesco, Carrefour) Food Retail Ventures, Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.