Culdesac builds cities for people, not cars. Our goal is to create the first car-free city in the US. Culdesac’s CEO Ryan Johnson was previously on the founding team of Opendoor, and our investors include Khosla Ventures, Zigg Capital, Initialized Capital, and Y Combinator.
We started by creating the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch in the US - Culdesac Tempe, a $170 million mixed-use neighborhood development for 1,000 residents opening in 2021. The neighborhood covers 17 acres and features 55% open space, shared courtyards, and abundant bookable spaces. Culdesac is the co-developer and tech-enabled property manager. More on us here
.Culdesac is looking for a Construction Management Intern to assist in the horizontal and vertical construction phases of Culdesac Tempe. This is a part-time role for a multi-phase project. You will collaborate with the Culdesac and Sunbelt Holdings team in field meetings and online communications to help deliver on-time and on-budget a 761-unit car-free apartment community with 16,000 sq. ft. of retail. You will work closely with a team of general contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and other partners under the management of Culdesac and Sunbelt Holdings. You will ramp up quickly in this fast-paced, productive environment. The target start date is June 1st, 2021.
- You will have a strong focus on monitoring the development process, project budget, and construction schedule to ensure Culdesac targets are met
- You will review and recommend for approval or modification monthly draw packages from the general contractor, including the review of change orders and RFIs as they are presented
- Along with your Culdesac and Sunbelt Holdings development managers, you will engage with general contractors, architects, engineers, and other project partners to solve problems in the field, meet project budget and schedule targets, and track redlines and as-builts
- You will attend at least two weekly all-hands-on-deck meetings onsite and be available for some weekday meetings onsite as necessary
- You will collect photographic documentation of construction progress
- You will review monthly progress summaries from general contractors and Owner's Rep and prepare an internal progress summary for Culdesac
- Attending a Construction Management program at the undergraduate or graduate level
- 1-2 years of in-the-field or construction management in residential or commercial construction projects
- You are detail-oriented and experienced in the review of blueprints and draw packages
- You have top-notch written and oral communication skills
- You have the ability to think strategically and analytically
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You can juggle many components of a mixed-use, large-scale construction project, all with strict deadlines and budgets, simultaneously
Culdesac is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.