At Novi, our mission is to enable the future of consumer product development for a healthier people and planet.
We are building a marketplace that enables diligence, discovery and purchasing of better raw materials for all consumer goods. The opportunity is vast ($1.5T market in consumer product development) and while we started in the wellness and personal care category, we are growing to serve a broader set of markets, including food, household cleaning, and more. We're looking for people to be part of our journey in enabling the future of consumer product development. Our company is led by Kimberly Shenk, is well funded by top-tier VC firms, and has seen exponential growth and traction. If you are interested in realizing our mission and building the future of the chemical industry, we would love to hear from you.
What We're Looking For
Novi is building a data platform to help consumer brands understand their products and ingredients, coupled with a marketplace to help brands purchase ingredients from suppliers. The industry we're tackling is fragmented and complicated, so we are building a team that is passionate about taking complex systems and distilling them into intuitive, groundbreaking solutions.
We are looking for a founding Product Marketing Manager to build out our product marketing and brand marketing efforts at Novi. Reporting into the founding Product Manager, this will be the first marketing hire in a fast-growing team of over 20 people with substantial VC investment. This role will be crucial in building an engaging, sticky platform with our early customers while simultaneously building the foundation for a market-leading brand. This leader will be responsible for building out and managing product-driven user engagement and conversion from product launches and content creation, to top-of-funnel surfaces such as our website. They will also be responsible for owning our core brand strategy, agency relationships and social media. Supporting this role will be contractors, agencies with future potential to lead a broader team.
The ideal candidate has product marketing experience in a fast-growing startup and is comfortable being a thought-leader in an ambiguous setting. Strong analytical skills are a must, as is the desire to roll up your sleeves and work hard with a world-class team.
- Own Novi’s marketing function end to end, with the opportunity to hire support beneath you as the business grows
- Develop a deep understanding of Novi’s product and priorities, and have end to end ownership of our user engagement strategy
- Work closely with the product and revenue teams, ramp up to Novi’s existing marketing plans and update the strategy based on team needs and priorities
- Partner with contracted writers to communicate brand voice through emails, blogs, and PR
- Leverage content marketing to grow brand awareness and establish Novi as thought-leaders in our industry
- Improve marketing tracking and analytics across all activities
- In the future, have the opportunity to build up the pillars needed to run paid programs, drive top-of-funnel engagement in the future, and orchestrate experimentation plans across key channels and products
- Manage a team of contractors across the full marketing stack to support all of the above activities
- Minimum 4 years of marketing/product marketing experience, including managing contractors and agencies
- Demonstrated results both in product marketing and brand development, ideally in fast paced software technology environments
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Experience working within the tools of an end to end marketing tech stack including CRM management tools, email marketing tools, social tools, website tools, etc.
Life at Novi
At Novi, we believe in whole people - bringing your whole self to work - and fostering an environment of personal sustainability, where you can incorporate self-care, flexibility, support, and continued learning into your every day. Our perks are generous and reflect this commitment! Our employees enjoy:
Unlimited vacation time
Monthly team-building activities (the fun kind!)
Monthly flexible spend on PerkUp, covering anything from your cell phone bill to meals on Postmates
Remote hardware setup and WFH stipend
Robust paid parental/foster/adoption leave
Competitive salary, benefits and equity packages for all employees