At Novi, our mission is to enable the future of consumer product development for a healthier people and planet.
We are building the marketplace that enables diligence, discovery and purchasing of raw materials for all consumer goods. The opportunity is vast ($1.5T
market in consumer product development) and while we started in the wellness and personal care category, we are growing to serve a broader set of markets, including food, household cleaning, and more.
We're looking for people to be part of our journey in enabling the future of consumer product development. Our company is led by Kimberly Shenk, is well funded by top-tier VC firms, and has seen exponential growth and traction. If you are interested in realizing our mission and building the future of the chemical industry, we would love to hear from you.
What We're Looking For
Novi is building a data platform to help brands understand their products and ingredients and a marketplace to help brands purchase ingredients from suppliers. The industry we're tackling is fragmented and complicated, so we are looking for someone who is excited by the challenge of turning complex and ambiguous requirements into simple, elegant, and robust products. As a product and engineering led company, we're looking for full stack engineers who are excited to be an integral part of the entire development process from conception to production.
What You'll Achieve
- Build critical features for our customers and foundational building blocks (APIs / components) with a supportive and curious team.
- Raise the bar in terms of code quality and be a steward for our production services
- Grow into an engineering leader and contribute to the engineering culture
- Deep technical experience building products (3+ years)
- Experience building complex data models for customer-facing web applications
- Experience building products with complex workflows and user experiences
- Some mix of experience with modern web technologies, like Ruby, Rails, Python, Django, React, etc.
- Experience leading and delivering projects with a focus on quality
- Worked with ambiguous requirements
- Written tech specs and developed testing strategies
- Cross-functional experience
- Excited to be part of a curious and empathetic culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
While we use the following technologies, prior knowledge of these specific technologies is not required. Our backend is built on Ruby on Rails. In terms of storage, we use Postgres as our relational db, ElasticSearch as our search db, and S3 for document store. Our production servers live on Heroku. On the frontend, we use React and leverage the Create React App toolchain. Our compiled code lives on AWS S3.
Life at Novi
At Novi, we believe in whole people - bringing your whole self to work - and fostering an environment of personal sustainability, where you can incorporate self-care, flexibility, support, and continued learning into your every day. Our perks are generous and reflect this commitment! Our employees enjoy:
Unlimited vacation time
Monthly team-building activities (the fun kind!)
Monthly flexible spend on PerkUp, covering anything from your cell phone bill to meals on Postmates
Remote hardware setup and WFH stipend
Robust paid parental/foster/adoption leave
Competitive salary, benefits and equity packages for all employees