With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is seeking a versatile Engineering Project Manager to lead initiatives related to our EV charging hardware and software products as well as help to manage the office/lab day-to-day activities and drive continuous improvement. You will engage with cross-functional teams as well as external providers to drive planning and execution of engineering activities.
In this role you will support the Product Management to derive and consolidate the product requirements, you will work cross-functionally with the engineering team to ensure product deliverables are met on-time and you will also support the office management to ensure the office/lab is running to the highest standards.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Act as part of the engineering leadership team in our UK office to lead on projects, people and the day-to-day operation of the facility
- Engage in detailed product roadmap and planning activities with key stakeholders and create documents for product execution
- Enforce processes throughout the project cycle – Agile development, demos to cross-functional teams on milestones, manage risk and escalate to leadership, regular project status as well as life cycles (beta, release, customer support, change management).
- Ensure prioritization and communication on resources across various projects / programs
- Communicate program status on a regular basis to the stakeholders
- Coordinate the projects and their external vendors to track and drive the progress
- Assist UK engineering team on purchasing under the right process and monitor the office’s expenditure to ensure it is aligned with budget allocation
- Manage and maintain the IT/Lab equipment, e.g. inventories, calibrations, asset tags, repairing, etc
- Help to maintain a high Health & Safety standard in the office and stay compliant with ISO standards as well as company/country’s policies
- Manage office planning, remove backlogs and work with both internal facility team as well as external providers to ensure a safe and friendly working environment for the team
- Be a “go to” person or points of contact for any day-to-day issues associated with the office
- 4-6 years’ program/project management experience in hardware or software development,
- Experience with the introduction of new technologies and understanding of product development lifecycles
- Experience with sprint planning as well as Agile, Scrum and waterfall methodologies
- Leadership skills to work seamlessly with various stakeholders (Product Marketing, Business Development, Customer Support, Engineering)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency with project and documentation management tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Strong written and verbal communication is key as you drive projects forward, prioritize work, facilitate the removal of obstacles, and escalate risks.
- Able to work our Reading office
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Due to ChargePoint being an international company, able to speak multiple languages is a plus
- Experience leading Cloud technologies, Consumer Devices technology, and/or EV/Automotive industry projects a plus
- Scrum Master experienced/certified and PMP
- Experience of managing office or lab activities and equipment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.