This position is a critical component of our Sales team and will be responsible for growing the business across Eastern USA. This is a remote / home office position based in the NY/NJ area (Eastern United States preferred I-95 Corridor). This position will report to the Partnership Relationship Manager. Expect frequent travel to meet with fleets and business partners in the assigned territory, plus trade shows and conferences across the country as needed.
We are a fast-changing organization with a mission to free fleets from fossil fuels. We count on our team members’ leadership, enthusiasm, creative problem solving, and self-motivation across a wide range of both technical and non-technical disciplines. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company already in the process of disrupting the transportation industry. Success will be rewarded both financially and with future career progression opportunities.
- Qualify, develop and close opportunities by leading sales activities with all involved stakeholders – end customer Fleet Managers, bus/truck body builders and Dealerships
- Work with the Partnership Relationship Manager to develop and execute regional sales and go-to-market strategy to meet sales targets
- Master the art of presenting our value proposition and technical differentiators to end customers and business partners
- Work closely with our Marketing Group and Sales and Grants Administrator to coordinate lead generation activities to manage your territory’s sales pipeline
- Collaborate with our Sales Application Engineer to study customer specifications and come up with strategic technical proposals
- Identify sales barriers and work with the Partnership Relationship Manager to address these barriers
- Provide guidance and input to our Marketing Communications team to develop promotional materials and advertising campaigns to align with and support Sales objectives
- 3-5 years’ experience working in Sales and/or Business Development with a proven track record of delivering strong sales performance while fostering excellent relationships
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Engineering or Business Administration preferred
- Knowledge of complex selling processing involving multiple stakeholders
- Basic understanding of electric vehicles, with a passion for sustainable technologies
- Familiarity with bus and truck fleet buyers and dealerships is a plus
- Excellent professional communication and presentation skills
- Prior experience working with CRM software to manage sales pipeline and provide regular updates for reporting sales activity and progress to management
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), HSA, Vision, Dental & 401k
- We offer a generous PTO policy, Group Universal Life, Voluntary Personal Accident and Voluntary Disability Insurance
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance Employee Program
- Healthy Work / Life Balance
- Fresh daily snacks
- Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail
- Free Online Training & Development
- We are bicycle-friendly, with bicycle storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front
Founded in 2009, and headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Motiv Power Systems, a leading provider of software and technology to electrify medium duty commercial vehicles, is committed to freeing fleets from their dependence on fossil fuels. Motiv’s EPIC (Electric Powered Intelligent Chassis) are CARB certified, GSA approved, and available for many configurations including step vans, box trucks, work trucks, shuttle buses, school buses, trolleys, and other specialty vehicles. An EPIC offers uncompromised performance and functionality without the pollution, noise, heat, and vibration of gasoline or diesel power.
Motiv is the only Ford eQVM-approved provider of all-electric chassis for commercial trucks and buses and benefits from engineering insights and support from Ford to ensure safety and reliability. With more than 1,000,000 miles logged among several of the largest fleet operators in the United States, the EPIC family eliminates 100% of vehicle emissions, dramatically reduces operating and maintenance costs, and creates a healthier environment for riders and communities, while also reducing driver fatigue.