Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people.
As MEP Engineer / Systems Project Manager, you will manage, design, assess, and validate information related to building Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems necessary to construct projects on time in a safe manner, within budget, and to the quality specified by the contract documents.
You will be the source of technical guidance/leadership for all MEP related topics in order to execute Infarm’s projects, including planning, design, and coordination with external consultants, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, owner’s representatives, etc. in order to ensure optimal alignment and efficient systems installation.
You will work closely with other internal teams such as Hardware Engineering and Installation to develop different MEP solutions for our farming systems.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Prepare and manage the planning of all MEP systems on different execution projects, including coordination with all related project participants and external consultants.
- Develop MEP standards for use in North America, with the intent of applying these standards to specific projects
- Produce design development deliverables in Revit for coordination with external engineering consultants
- Prepare and manage the contract item’s list for all related components, materials, and systems to ensure that all ROJ dates are in compliance with the project schedule with the appropriate approval status.
- Facilitate communication with vendors for procurement of building systems components
- Participate in schedule update meetings and provide the latest information for an informed and accurate schedule.
- Build and control the budget including review, evaluation, and negotiation of all change orders with understanding of the financial status of all subcontractors.
- Prepare scope of work documents with a division of responsibility for trades and specific scopes of work for temporary operations.
- Ensure overall installation is in compliance with applicable codes, the design requirements, operations and maintenance fundamentals, and quality standards.
- Identify and inform the management team of difficult installation requirements in sufficient time to allow for proper planning and execution.
- Monitor the installation of services on site.
- Conduct regular project walkthroughs to ensure that work is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents, coordination drawings, and approved submittals.
- Lead the overall turnover process including start-up, testing, commissioning and closeout.
- Coordinate with internal partners to ensure that all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar
- P.E. license preferred
- Minimum 7 years of working experience of relevant professional experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and / or experience relating to mechanical and electrical systems.
- Technical expertise and understanding of complex HVAC Systems, electrical systems and plumbing and how they interrelate with each other.
- Business acumen to plan, manage, and execute all the essential duties with excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational ability, and technical knowledge
- Experience in taking projects from start to completion including all planning and execution phases.
- Experience in typical project management activities including timeline and budget control.
- Experience in tendering processes guidance and site management supervision done by external consultants.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of building laws, city approvals processes and code compliance testing.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Fluency in Autodesk Revit is preferred.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.