At Afresh, our mission is to make the fresh food supply chain more efficient, thus spectacularly reducing food waste and making fresh, nutritious food available and accessible to everyone. Our A.I.-powered solutions optimize ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments for brick-and-mortar grocers. The results are powerful: grocers using Afresh are on track to reduce more than 20M pounds of food waste, while increasing fresh sales by 3%, massively increasing their profitability.
As the Executive Assistant to the two co-founders, Matt (CEO) and Nathan (President), you will drive the incredible impact across the organization by empowering our leaders. Beyond the tactical components of an administrative role, we believe that the attention and focus of executives at Afresh are invaluable assets that influence the trajectory of the business— by enabling leaders, you will drive the critical success of our company and achievement of our mission.
We are looking for someone who is driven to affect positive human and environmental impact, who is excited to tackle new challenges, and who wants to work with a driven team (that doesn't take itself TOO seriously).
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact in the food system--we hope you'll join us!
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring the CEO and President focus their attention and time on the most important initiatives and issues in the business
- Empowering leadership by driving stellar meeting hygiene and execution (pre, during, and post-meeting)
- Understanding highest-level company priorities—diagnosing what is the most important and what is the most urgent—to in turn drive and reinforce executive-level priorities
- Coordinating expertly with external partners at the executive level—enabling true connection between Afresh leadership and our customers' leadership
- Coordinating internally across the leadership team and broader Afresh organization
- Driving tactical administrative tasks such as calendar management and managing travel
- Continuously improving the way that Afresh leadership handles time, attention, and processes
What skills and experience do you need?
- The following represent attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 6-10+ years in Executive Administrative roles (experience at fast-growing technology businesses with Enterprise customers is nice to have)
- Strong business acuity
- An ability to convert business understanding into an understanding of what is important and what is urgent
- High levels of organization
- High levels of integrity and interpersonal deftness
- An ability to coordinate with leaders who don't take themselves too seriously, but who occasionally take themselves too seriously, and who are working on not talking too much and writing very long job descriptions
- A strong mission-orientation and desire for positive social impact
- Excellent written and verbal reasoning and communication skills
- Strong alignment with our core values: Kindness, Candor, Proactivity, and Humility
Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), James McCann's (former CEO at Ahold USA, Tesco, Carrefour) Food Retail Ventures, Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.