We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora. With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.Wisk is seeking a new member for our team to serve as a
Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis Lead. The
Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis Lead will take a proactive role in the design, analysis, and simulation of current and future Wisk eVTOL platforms. In this role you will direct the development of vehicle modeling and simulation codes, integrate subsystem models into the overall vehicle model, drive model improvements, and validate models. Additionally, you will effectively communicate and collaborate with several other disciplines such as Aerodynamics, Autonomy, System Safety, Propulsion, GNC, Battery, Structures, Flight Test, and Loads. If you are proactive, self-directed, hands-on, and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced start-up environment, please apply!
Within 3 months you will:
- Get up to speed on the variety of tools and processes the Wisk team uses to generate vehicle performance predictions
- Be an active participant in trading vehicle configuration options and assessing viability
- Assume responsibility for the vehicle modelling framework and development timeline
- Take ownership of delivering on Vehicle Modeling Tasks within the Integrated Master Schedule
- Help manage and status agile development sprints within the JIRA framework
Within 6 months you will:
- Begin recommending code improvements for all Vehicle Modelling tools
- Support and lead Aircraft level trade studies
- Run in-house tools to update performance predictions
- Make recommendations to continually improve our processes and aircraft
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or another relevant discipline
- Strong knowledge of rotorcraft performance and eVTOL fundamentals
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in developing complex analysis and simulations
- 6-8 years of experience working on complex aerospace systems with at least 3 years of experience working on vehicle modeling and simulation
- Experience with git and/or Atlassian tools like bitbucket, JIRA, etc
- Strong scripting language proficiency (Python, MATLAB) and automation
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or another relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience with agile development processes
- Experience or coursework in rotorcraft
- Experience with aircraft and/or rotorcraft controls
- Solid understanding of Aerodynamics fundamentals
- Knowledge of battery systems and performance modeling
- Basic understanding of aircraft structural design
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.