Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!About the Role:Our Warehouse and Inventory Manager is a position with warehousing and inventory duties in our refrigerated facility. As the Warehouse and Inventory Manager, you will be directly responsible for the inventory management of all products and for overseeing and assisting operations of our warehouse. You will manage, mentor, and develop a team of associates who ultimately ensure that our customers have a great experience when they open their Imperfect boxes.
- Oversee all inventory accounts and records
- Completes necessary documentation thoroughly, accurately, and on-time
- Compile an inventory and inbound reports for review and analysis
- Evaluate and schedule shifts for inventory and inbound personnel
- Perform and supervise timely inventory audits
- Ensure compliance with inventory processes and procedures
- Analyze stock inventory and research issues per requests
- Understand OKRs, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implementing corrective actions to drive results as necessary
- Responsible for making the right decisions quickly to achieve plans for the company in coordination with the team and cross-functional partners
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety, FIFO, visual quality, and PPE requirements
- Set priorities and give direction based upon the daily plan
- Control labor costs
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure a best in class performance
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years warehouse supervisor experience (20- 30 employees)
- Experience working in the grocery industry
- Experience working in a cold environment
- Computer literate (willingness and ability to learn: Dashboards, Google Documents, Spreadsheets, & Delivery Business Pro)
- You’re able to stay focused and work efficiently both alone and as part of a team
- You’re able to multi-task and see the big picture
- You’re comfortable "making the call" on decisions big and small
- You're a natural leader who is comfortable redirecting and giving feedback
- You pay excellent attention to detail
- You have creative problem-solving skills
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all.
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Regional Director of Operations located in Severn, MD
- Based out of our local operation in Severn, MD
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including healthcare, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Sedentary work; involves sitting some of the time
- Standing desks and/or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Able to work in cold temperatures in a refrigerated environment
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.