Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!About the Role:Our Warehouse Associates are responsible for transferring grocery boxes from our warehouse to our delivery vans. This is a part-time position that requires lifting up to 50 pounds at a time. We are searching for a dedicated team member who will treat our Imperfect’s products with perfect care.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic produce/grocery knowledge
- Familiarity with a warehouse environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work stand for 6 hours
- Food stocking and loading experience, a plus
Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste
- Able to adapt to cold weather (may have to go in our Warehouse)
Details of Position:
- Part-time non-exempt position reporting to the Delivery Supervisor
- Pay: $17.00/hour (Monday-Thursday 4:00am - 11:30am)
- Position based out of our local warehouse
- Sick time provided on an accrual basis
- Frequent standing
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment
- Able to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.