Terraformation was founded on a simple premise—that forest restoration is the single best way to reverse climate change—and we are building a movement to sustainably plant 1 trillion trees.
But to get there, we’ll need to eliminate bottlenecks in the restoration pipeline and scale the techniques and time-tested processes that encourage forests to thrive. Our Hardware Product Manager will identify, define and deliver transformative products and solutions across dozens of disciplines and at massive scale to ensure the success of forestry projects around the globe.
We’re looking for someone that has a deep, fundamental understanding of the science, someone with a keen eye for opportunities at exponential scale, and someone who is as engaged with the technologies they produce as they are with the communities they empower. In short, we’re looking for a Hardware Product Manager that grew up tinkering with everything around them knowing that one day, they’d change the world.
This position will own the product requirements for products that touch on remote sensing, off-grid solar and battery solutions, irrigation and water desalination, computer vision and imaging, and much more. Our Hardware Product Manager will work closely with our Engineering and User Experience teams of course, but will also need to interact broadly across our Forestry and Partnerships teams to ensure we provide value to every stakeholder and community we work with.Love the job, but don’t have every box checked?
Terraformation’s Product Team is responsible for a portfolio of products that ranges from cloud-based SaaS solutions to embedded systems and from individual sensing components to habitable spaces built in international shipping containers. If you find our mission inspiring and our problem space intriguing, we encourage you to apply and together we’ll see if there is a fit for your unique talents. We’re always looking for folks that inspire others, bring diverse voices to our conversations and help energize our movement, so we look forward to hearing from you!
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of product management experience in consumer electronics and/or hardware industry
- 3+ years of experience in software product development
- Strong alignment with the environmental and social goals of Terraformation’s mission
- Proven delivery of hardware products from conceptualization to manufature
- Experience authoring clear, concise product requirements documents
- Proven experience with metrics-driven decision making as well as behavioral analysis
- An entrepreneurial spirit and work style
- Prior experience as a startup or similar fast-paced environment
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in or with open source development and communities is a bonus
What you’ll do
About TerraformationWe’re an early-stage startup that cares passionately about solving the climate crisis. We believe that forests are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon drawdown solution. Our mission is to accelerate restoration of 3 billion acres of degraded lands to their native ecosystems, activating the most massive carbon drawdown effort on the planet. We help partners secure diverse native seed supply, tackle freshwater shortages with solar-powered desalination, design sustainable business plans, access high quality training, and more.Read more at terraformation.com.
- Advocate deeply for forestry-led, socially responsible product solutions
- Drive successful delivery of product initiatives, ensure timely execution and coordinate releases and distribution
- Define, document and communicate product requirements, outcomes, constraints and acceptance criteria for product initiatives and releases
- Prioritize and sequence product initiatives and develop a shared product roadmap
- Work closely with the executive team to internalize key business goals and objectives
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineers and user experience designers to define and iterate product requirements in response to internal and external inputs
- Interact with strategic partners and open source communities to identify needs and increase product adoption and marketreach