Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $100M to date.The Battery Data team is focused on accelerating the pace of discovery on the battery R&D team by capturing and serving up data from their experiments. In this role, you’ll create data analysis and visualization tools that close the gap between the data captured by data engineers and the scientific expertise of your users. Example early projects may include automating the calculation of battery performance KPIs, designing domain-specific interfaces for exploratory data analysis, and lowering the barrier for reproducible science. This is a unique opportunity to be an early member of a growing team making a direct impact on climate change.
What you'll do:
- Identify high-ROI opportunities to improve how our battery R&D team gets work done today, and keep your eye out for the challenges we’re about to hit
- Design, build, launch, and support a suite of tools that help electrochemists and battery engineers learn more from their data
- Advocate for high-quality software engineering practices across the company, and lead by example
- Fill in gaps on a small team, including acting as a designer, PM, data engineer, or platform engineer when needed
- Work as a collaborative member of the Software team
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 2+ years of professional software engineering industry experience. Senior/lead roles available for experienced candidates.
- Fluency in Python and SQL for data analysis and data engineering, whether you’re creating a notebook, a script, or a library
- Experience deploying to AWS and maintaining systems in production
- Diverse toolkit and keen design sense for data visualization and data UX. Current stack includes React, Plotly/Dash, and JMP; you’ll help shape our future stack.
- A pragmatic approach to problem-solving that blends good judgement, clear communication, dependable follow-through, creative use of resources, and joy in the process
- Excitement for learning about the following (or bonus points for experience!): batteries, chemistry, materials science, statistics, data science, IoT
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.