Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $100M to date.The Battery Data team is focused on accelerating the pace of discovery on the battery R&D team by capturing and serving up data from battery operations.In this role, you’ll grow with our ETL systems as we move from lab-scale to manufacturing and deployment. Example early projects may include ingesting data from new lab equipment, migrating our pipelines to Airflow, and supporting the launch of a new manufacturing facility. This is a unique opportunity to be an early member of a growing team making a direct impact on climate change.
What you'll do:
- Identify high-ROI opportunities to improve the accuracy, breadth, and reliability of what Form knows about our batteries
- Design, build, test, launch, and support ETL pipelines and data stores for battery data
- Advocate for high-quality software engineering practices across the company, and lead by example
- Fill in gaps on a small team, including acting as a PM, dataviz creator, backend engineer, or platform engineer when needed
- Work as a collaborative member of the Software team
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 2+ years of professional software engineering industry experience. Senior/lead roles available for experienced candidates.
- Experience with a Python/SQL/AWS stack for data engineering. You’ll also help shape our stack as we grow.
- Track record of owning critical infrastructure, leading to hard-won wisdom about the needs of production software systems
- Experience with batch data processing required. Bonus points for experience with streaming or event data.
- A pragmatic approach to problem-solving that blends good judgement, clear communication, dependable follow-through, creative use of resources, and joy in the process
- Excitement for learning about the following (or bonus points for experience!): batteries, chemistry, mechanical engineering, networking, statistics, data science, fleet management, IoT
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.