Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $100M to date.We are opening our new California full scale test lab where we test grid scale batteries and completed prototype systems. This job reports to our Manager, Technical Operations. In this position you have the opportunity to build a new team and its culture from the ground up. Within a year you will manage a diverse team of 10 skilled technicians. The technical operations team you lead will need to maintain a close connection with its sibling team on the East Coast. You will work with our Full Scale Reactor team to build full scale prototype cells and systems. You will manage both strategic and tactical work planning to enable adherence to development timelines in close partnership with our product development teams. You will also design lean processes to facilitate continuous improvement with your team and others at Form Energy. You bring experience as an empathic technical leader in manufacturing or operations.
What you'll do:
- Hire and lead a diverse team of 10 skilled technicians
- Build a lean culture of continuous improvement and steady work that is ready for the unexpected
- Initiate the development of standard operating procedures to produce accurate and consistent work
- Strategic and tactical work planning and scheduling for full scale cell and system builds, test and cell teardown. The responsibility for building will transition from engineering teams to the technical operations team over time.
- Oversee our on-site prototyping capabilities
- Support the infrastructure and facility teams with setting up and specification of custom equipment for our lab, build and test areas
- Work with our supply chain team to have the right inventory in the right spot just in time
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in prototyping, manufacturing, energy storage or similar fields.
- Leadership experience as a supervisor or similar
- Empathic leader that can manage and supervise technicians of all skill levels and ages
- Familiar with mechanical or/and electrical assemblies
- Experience in strategic and tactical project and work order management
- Ability to make things with your own hands and desire to pass your skills on to others
Req 348 Compensation, Benefits, and Perks Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.