Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $100M to date.The Battery Data team is looking for a summer intern to assist us in capturing data from battery cyclers, and improving our tools for data analysis. This member of the team will work closely with experienced electrochemists, data engineers, and battery engineers on a daily basis. Knowledge of batteries/electrochemistry is not needed, but an interest in learning more about this topic is desired. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, up until a final deadline of April 26th.
What you'll do:
- Develop a core set of tools to help scientists analyze and visualize data in python
- Learn how to develop professional ETL data pipes, while making an impact on climate change
What you'll bring:
- Current student or recent graduate of a Bachelors or Masters program in computer science
- Able to work full-time from home for at least 10 weeks starting in June
- Project experience involving python, object oriented programming, and a SQL database. Pandas, numpy, git, and unit testing experience is a plus
- Familiarity with circuits and chemistry concepts at a hobby or college introductory level
- Strong communication skills within a group of peers and broader team
- High attention to detail
- Enjoys a fast paced work style
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.