Who we are looking for:
kWh Analytics is launching its 2nd insurance product--property insurance for renewable energy--following the successful launch of the Solar Revenue Put in 2018.We are looking for an entrepreneurial insurance leader to lead the development of our new Renewable Energy Property Insurance division. This is a multi-faceted role: One day you might be evaluating the go-to-market plan, the next determining how to scale MGA operations, and then round out the week by inventing a process to measure KPIs. A successful candidate in this role can work independently to develop a decision-making framework, gather supporting evidence for their position, and execute on the resulting plan.
What you can look forward to:
- Working closely with the CEO and COO of a fast-growing insurtech to build a new product line
- Owning your work, from strategic inception to successful execution, in a low-bureaucracy environment
- Cross-functional interactions with senior management, business development, and data scientists
- Collaborating with a team of experienced solar veterans committed to helping you succeed
- Solving a critical bottleneck that is holding back the adoption of renewable energy
What you likely need to do the job well:
- Critical thinker: You can quickly synthesize large volumes of (often conflicting) information, and develop a thesis. You can clearly articulate your proposal with supporting data.
- Operational Capability: We are a startup and need people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and are biased towards action.
- Self-starter: You can independently lead and manage projects. You know when to ask for help, but also trust your analytical frameworks.
- Insurance experience: You’re familiar with the ins and outs of insurance, having worked at an insurer, reinsurer, broker, MGA, or a similar company. You’re unfazed by terms like “retrocession” and “binder.” Property & Casualty, renewable energy, or natural catastrophe experience a plus.
- Infrastructure experience: You are conversant in the dynamics of energy, power, real estate, natcat, or infrastructure. Renewable energy industry expertise a plus.
- A thinker and a doer: You can hold multiple stakeholders’ perspectives in your head, devise a solution, and then rapidly build consensus around that solution.
Learn more about what we do and why it matters: https://www.kwhanalytics.com/company-overview kWh Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment for all employees.