About us: kWh Analytics is the insurer for the energy transition. We invented the Solar Revenue Put to help solar investors to reduce their biggest cost: the cost of capital. The credit enhancement is backed by the world’s largest reinsurer (Swiss Re) and has been valued by the leading project finance banks (such as MUFG and Nomura) and implemented by top investors (such as AES and Ares) on more than $3 Billion of solar projects. We wrote the book defining “risk management” for solar investors. By combining the industry’s broadest database of historical solar asset performance (>30% of the US market) and the strength of the global insurance markets, kWh Analytics enables clients to minimize risk and increase returns. kWh Analytics is backed by private venture capital and the US Department of Energy.kWh Analytics is launching its 2nd insurance product--property insurance for renewable energy--following the successful launch of the Solar Revenue Put in 2018.Who we are looking for:We are looking for an entrepreneurial insurance leader to be a lead underwriter in our Renewable Energy Property Insurance division. Your primary responsibilities will include developing and implementing underwriting standards for renewable energy clients. A successful candidate in this role can work independently to develop a decision-making framework, gather supporting evidence for their position, and execute on the resulting plan.
What you can look forward to:
- Working closely with the C-Suite of a fast-growing insurtech to build a new product line.
- Owning your work, from strategic inception to successful execution, in a low-bureaucracy environment.
- Cross-functional interactions with senior management, business development, and data scientists.
- Collaborating with a team of experienced renewable energy veterans committed to helping you succeed.
- Solving a critical bottleneck that is holding back the adoption of renewable energy.
What you likely need to do the job well:
- Underwriting experience: You’re familiar with the ins and outs of insurance, having worked as an underwriter in renewable energy or adjacent fields. Natural catastrophe underwriting experience and experience with natcat software is a plus.
- Critical thinker: You can quickly synthesize large volumes of (often conflicting) information, and develop a thesis. You can clearly articulate your proposal with supporting data.
- Operational Capability: We are a startup and need people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and are biased towards action.
- Self-starter: You can independently lead and manage projects. You know when to ask for help, but also trust your analytical frameworks.
- A thinker and a doer: You can hold multiple stakeholders’ perspectives in your head, devise a solution, and then rapidly build consensus around that solution.
Learn more about what we do and why it matters: https://www.kwhanalytics.com/company-overview kWh Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment for all employees.