What is Emitwise?
Emitwise is a fast-growing startup whose vision is to accelerate the world's transition to net zero carbon. We build software to help companies track and reduce their carbon footprint. We're a seed-stage company backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors, including True Ventures and Ex-Uber CEO Ryan Graves. We've been covered by leading business publications like Forbes
, Business Insider
, and Fast Company
.Why does Emitwise exist?
Climate change is the defining issue of our time and we have reached a defining moment. We recognise the world is facing an existential threat, but we see our mission as a historic opportunity. We're building Emitwise to forge a future where every company, big or small, can have a part to play in the fight against climate change. Who we are
"Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?" Spend time with the Emitwise team, and you'll often hear this question being asked. At Emitwise, we've built a team that has the skillset and ambition to bring automated carbon accounting to life — saving businesses time, money, and emissions. Ultimately, we're a team disenchanted with business as usual and looking to make real impact.Your mission To help companies address their carbon impact, we need to scale our industry-transforming carbon accounting platform, enabling businesses to automatically measure, report and reduce their carbon footprint. You will help us land great customers and grow our name in the market.
We think in terms of impact, not strict responsibilities. Here's how you will contribute when you join:
- We have ambitious growth targets. You'll source, manage, and execute five- and six- figure annually recurring contracts; you’ll be able to manage sales calls and relationships on your own and support the senior sales team
- Our culture and reputation matter. In many cases, you will be the first person from Emitwise that prospective customers meet. Your personality, deep product understanding, professional demeanour, and most of all passion for what we do will leave prospective customers with a great impression of Emitwise
- Efficiency is key. You’ll be able to prioritise across a range of tasks, and have the judgement to quickly identify real opportunities and drop those that don’t fit for us
- You'll improve our sales process. We'll benefit from your experience in making sure we have clear and effective sales materials; you’ll be both relentless and collaborative in improving our pitch
- You’ll drive our future: You’ll be our eyes and ears into the market. Your ability to actively listen, critically analyse the information you get from customers and provide feedback to engineering and product will help us ensure we remain the innovation leader in our spaceImportantly, from day one, we'll work with you to map out how you can make an impact and how your career will grow over time. We would expect the person in this role to develop into a closing role within 3-9 months.
There are a range of experiences and skills that will likely help you succeed in this role, including:
- A proven track record selling mid-market or enterprise SaaS products
- You are curious and a fast learner, and will quickly get up to speed on the ins and outs of target customers’/ICPs’ needs; you’ll take initiative to understand the details of our product; it won’t take long before you’re able to lead a sales call and demo
- You love the thrill of the chase and combine creativity, tenacity, and plain old hustle to connect with, understand, and close customers
- Your excellent written and oral communication skills mean you get to the point succinctly, even with complex topics
- You are analytical and will not only track your performance metrics but use them to improve continuously
- You enjoy receiving feedback and learning from your team; you quickly put advice into practice
- You can handle the ambiguity and challenges a start-up environment can bring
- You are passionate about our mission. "Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?" Expect to ask yourself this question regularly when working at Emitwise
What's in it for you?
- Working with a killer sales team and product to close new customers
- Accelerating the global fight against climate change through corporate ESG responsibility
- Being part of a supportive, collaborative team full of amazing talent
- Bringing advanced software solutions to vital but antiquated industries
- Helping to manage the chaos of growing a company (and sometimes contributing to that chaos)
We also offer a range of benefits that we feel are critical to a happy, productive workplace,including unlimited holiday, a personalised workspace, flexible working hours, social impact time off, professional development, mental health time off and a competitive compensation package. We want to hear from you If this sounds like a team you'd like to be a part of, a mission you'd like to join, and a role you'd thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. Apply to find out more about Emitwise and the role. The time to act is now! ----- Right to work We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. Diversity statement We believe diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Emitwise. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they've achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.