Bowery Farming, the Modern Farming Company, was founded in 2015 with the belief that technology and human ingenuity can grow better food for a better future. Propelled by its proprietary software system, the BoweryOS, Bowery builds smart indoor vertical farms that deliver a wide variety of Protected Produce — in little time, near cities they serve, for a truly local approach. Bowery’s farms are growing the next generation of vibrant and flavorful produce. They’re 100 times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture, and grow traceable pesticide-free produce – the purest, best expression of what produce is meant to be – with a fraction of the water and land. About the Role:Bowery Farming is seeking an FP&A Associate to join our growing finance team. The finance team is deeply ingrained in all the functional areas of Bowery and partners heavily with cross-functional leaders. In this role, you will provide financial modeling and analyses to assist long-range growth and financial planning, analyze key performance indicators and support key strategic decisions. We’re looking for someone that is not only analytical but can also learn, adapt and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty.
What You'll Do:
- Work with cross-functional leaders to inform and update the company’s long-range financial model
- Support treasury function by providing accurate cash flow forecasts
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports. Understand forecast to actual variances and provide meaningful analysis to the management team
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators (KPIs) including all areas of revenue, cost of sales and capital expenditures
- Design reporting tools to enhance visibility into the health of the business; evaluate financial and operational metrics and provide meaningful analysis to company leadership
- Provide analytical, financial modeling and decision making support for ad-hoc analyses to support strategic company decisions
- Support the finance leadership team in equity and debt capital raising activities
Who You Are:
- An experienced FP&A Analyst with a background in finance or accounting – completion of banking analyst, or private equity analyst program strongly preferred
- An advanced Excel and PowerPoint user
- A results-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and a with strong sense of urgency
- A collaborator with excellent interpersonal skills
- A highly organized and detail-oriented individual
- You possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A clear communicator who can organize and boil down complex ideas for any type of audience in a written or verbal format
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowery’s produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.