Bowery Farming, the Modern Farming Company, was founded in 2015 with the belief that technology and human ingenuity can grow better food for a better future. Propelled by its proprietary software system, the BoweryOS, Bowery builds smart indoor vertical farms that deliver a wide variety of Protected Produce — in little time, near cities they serve, for a truly local approach. Bowery’s farms are growing the next generation of vibrant and flavorful produce. They’re 100 times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture, and grow traceable pesticide-free produce – the purest, best expression of what produce is meant to be – with a fraction of the water and land. About The Role Bowery Farming is seeking a dynamic and experienced Technical Program Manager. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will manage the entire life cycle of programs from ideation to launch and beyond, driving planning, program execution, development, and stakeholder management. Our technology team spans the multi-disciplines of software, hardware, IoT, analytics, and machine learning to provide solutions across the business. Our technology is central to how Bowery operates and improves, with focus areas in Agriculture, Automation, Commercial, Core IoT Infrastructure, and Work Management. The Technical Program Manager will work cross-functionally involving agricultural science and operation, farm operation, design, supply chain, commercial, robotics, and finance alongside the technology team.The BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, Internet of Things (IoT), and machine learning to grow plants better and more efficiently at scale and bring more value to the customer by optimizing plant growth and distribution to stores.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate engineering execution, planning, and delivery
- Keep everyone accountable in terms of OKRs, measure progress, manage dependencies, and mitigate risks.
- Conduct all aspects of delivery, including launch, QA, customer handoff, and maintenance of technical projects.
- Facilitate cross-functional and vendor issues during the execution of the project.
- Be involved in the non-functional aspects of product delivery, such as the performance of the product, accessibility, reliability, security, and legal compliance.
Who You Are:
- Worked as a Technical Program Manager in complex and matrix environments, ideally in AI, data science, software, and hardware
- Understands technical issues and risks, as well as non-functional aspects; reliability, scalability, performance, security, compliance.
- An excellent listener and communicator
- Trust that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring your teammates' safety and success.
- Strong command of estimation and planning techniques
- Bonus: Experience or exposure to robotics, IoT, and/or AI/data analytics
- Bonus: Workflow management experience in a manufacturing setting.
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included, and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harmWe are excited to hear from you!
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer. The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowery’s produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.