Bowery Farming, the Modern Farming Company, was founded in 2015 with the belief that technology and human ingenuity can grow better food for a better future. Propelled by its proprietary software system, the BoweryOS, Bowery builds smart indoor vertical farms that deliver a wide variety of Protected Produce — in little time, near cities they serve, for a truly local approach. Bowery’s farms are growing the next generation of vibrant and flavorful produce. They’re 100 times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture, and grow traceable pesticide-free produce – the purest, best expression of what produce is meant to be – with a fraction of the water and land. The Bowery Farming Robotics and Automation team is looking for a Technical Project Manager to support operations and technology based projects. This will involve owning existing projects as well as initiating projects all the way through until completion. The role will involve managing projects through waterfall methodology and involves hands-on exposure to the projects in regards to PLCs, SCADA systems, VFDs and numerous pieces of farm equipment.
What You'll Do
- Manage parallel projects in all phases across multiple locations
- Lead meetings and provide updates to leadership
- Track progress of released projects in reference to Robotics & Automation initiatives
- Work cross functional with various groups at Bowery Farming
- Oversee data and process related tasks such as ECOs (engineering change order) and providing updates to process changes
- Manage project related vendor relationships
Who You Are
- An experienced project manager with technical understanding in the robotics and automation fields with projects relating to factory initiatives and installations
- Experience with project implementation during production hours
- Some level of experience programming and using PLCs, SCADA systems, VFDs, and machinery
- Working knowledge of project management software (Google, Asana, Smartsheets)
- Willing to Travel up to 25%
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowery’s produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.