Project Canary is a mission-driven B-Corp that helps reduce emissions in the energy, waste, and agriculture industries through independent assessment of carbon and environmental footprints. With offices in Denver and Austin, Project Canary achieves this goal by ingesting data from various sources, including its own proprietary environmental sensors, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time. The resulting independent, trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate the data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, Project Canary is focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of its employees. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, mission-driven work, and being a valued member of a motivated diverse team, we want to hear from you.
- Work directly with senior employees (CEO, COO, VP of Operations) to understand company’s needs and future path to suggest potential solutions and bring them to life
- Manage all human resources related activities, including recruitment, performance management, compensation and rewards, staff relations, and people development
- Implement hiring needs and lead the recruiting effort leveraging Greenhouse Recruiting software
- Manage and improve the onboarding process for new hires
- Put your personal touch on the company by injecting fun and spontaneity into the day
- Provide leadership on conflict management, employee issues, and policy administration across the company
- Identify and adapt company policies and procedures as the company grows
- Organize team-building and culture events
- Analyze data on employee satisfaction/retention and recruiting efforts to ensure company scales effectively and efficiently
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for the Company’s core values
- 5 years of HR experience in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree, required
- Self-motivation and excellent work ethic, required
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the company
- Ability to manage difficult conversations in a constructive and healthy manner
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K company match
- Student loan assistance
- Salary range: $90,000 - $105,000 annual base
- Stock options
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.