Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin is seeking an Employee Relations Partner to help develop high-performing teams, build and execute innovative people programs, and be an effective partner to the business. The ideal candidate will have expertise in handling and navigating a wide array of complex employee relation issues and providing data-driven solutions as a strategic partner. You will be reactively supporting (i.e. investigations, conflict management) business units and building foundational educational and people infrastructure as we scale. Employee Relations Partners are the stewards of Spin values, strategic, critical problem solvers, and thought partners to the teams you support. More importantly, you have the strong ability to collaborate effectively throughout the organization and serve as a catalyst to our high-performance culture. Responsibilities
- Conducts employee relations investigations, analyzes organizational issues, and works in partnership with HRBP/ER Manager to develop and execute plans to address problem areas.
- Engages as a trusted advisor and consultant to mentor employees and managers on complex work-related issues while utilizing outstanding management strategies.
- Collects data, analyzes, and interprets ER trends and metrics across employee relations cases to assess organizational needs and assist HR leadership in diagnosing root cause problems that impact overall organizational health.
- Act as a liaison between managers and employees regarding performance issues and management. Drafts and delivers performance-related documents in collaboration with managers.
- Participates in the development and implementation of Employee Relations programs based on business goals and HR strategy.
- Works on cross-functional, detailed, and time-sensitive projects with HR Leadership, Business Leaders, Legal, and Benefits teams.
- Conducts exit interviews to obtain feedback, identify trends and provide insightful employee turnover information to People Leadership Team and business leaders.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of all federal, state, and local labor and wage and hour laws.
- Participates in DEI programs and quality assurance activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of HR experience with at least 4+ years of those being specific employee relations experience (i.e. conducting investigations, conflict management).
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where the business is constantly evolving, including experience working with employees of both exempt and non-exempt populations.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills; ability to handle a high volume of cases and ability to prioritize, analyze data, and identify and propose methods for continuous improvement.
- Previous experience working with legal counsel/HRBPs to align with HR policies and federal and state employment laws.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of California employment laws is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.