Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin Product QA team plays a vital role in the software, hardware, and IoT releases of the company. We are looking for an exceptionally skilled thoughtful QA automation engineer with an eye for quality to make a positive impact on the user experience. Work in a fast-paced environment, take ownership of automating our mobile apps and backend systems and work closely with the product, engineering, and QA team to help build a unique experience for our users.
- Create and execute automation test cases and scripts to test mobile apps (iOS and Android), web and APIs.
- Coordinate with the development and product teams to prioritize features, provide accurate estimates and manage bug fixes.
- Collaborate with your QA team peers but also work independently to increase the coverage of test cases and improve overall software quality.
- Develop and execute regression, system, performance, and scalability tests against our technology stack.
- Review unit tests and integration tests built by engineering teams.
- Produce clear defect reports with details on how to reproduce the issue.
- Participate and contribute to daily stand-ups, and sprint ceremonies.
- Provide technical support to non-technical team members.
- 5+ years of automation engineering experience with a combination of Swift, Kotlin, Selenium WebDriver, and Python.
- Proven experience with automation testing of APIs using tools such as Postman.
- Knowledgeable in SQL and ancillary QA tools such as Jira, Zephyr.
- Experience with CI/CD, using TeamCity, or Docker-like services.
- Ability to coordinate with engineering and product owners to provide efficient feedback, and to a certain degree help maintain the architecture for the automation framework.
- Experience with testing cross-platform applications using automated tools.
- Exposure to and experience with an industry-leading cloud-based application.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, a self-starter, and a great communicator.
- Demonstrate high ownership and ability to drive issues to resolution.
- The ability to communicate with non-technical team members and explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand way.
- Highly organized, with the ability to juggle many tasks for multiple projects simultaneously in a very fast-paced environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.