Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer to lead our squad working in a rapid pace environment with the challenge of designing and maintaining a fault-tolerant system that handles thousands of connected IoT devices and mobile apps at scale.
We are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over the performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We promote being a more well-rounded team member by working on different parts of the engineering stack, including but not limited to contributing to the core components of our solution. We also work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product. And the best of all, we are a remote friendly company.
- Continue to evaluate our existing public cloud infrastructure while building our new infrastructure to support millions of users.
- Owning projects and driving them to completion in a methodical and organized manner while communicating effectively.
- Excellent at presenting technical topics effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Architect, plan, and implement a CI/CD pipeline that allows us to deploy continuously with confidence.
- Improve the observability of our infrastructure to make sure we are properly monitoring our assets to get ahead of problems — so we are proactive instead of reactive.
- Apply infrastructure-as-code methodologies across configuration, infrastructure, and orchestration.
- Write clean, well-documented code to automate tasks to help us scale.
- Implement security best-practices to make sure our data is locked down.
- 10+ years of work experience, with at least a 5+ DevOps/SRE and/or Software Engineering role leading infrastructure.
- Have a deep knowledge of public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP).
- Be a specialist in deploying and handling production infrastructure with IaC.
- Deep understanding of container management and orchestration tools (Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker).
- Expertise in open source or SaaS-based monitoring and observability tools (Prometheus, Datadog).
- Have experience managing various types of datastores (Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch or messagebus technologies).
- Have experience working with service-based architectures.
- Be an expert in architecting, implementing, and coordinating CI/CD pipelines.
- Be passionate about technology and finding ways to automate tasks and constantly improve our process with a focus on our business problems.
- Proficient experience with one or more programming languages (Ruby, Python, Go).
- Have solid Linux/Unix skills.
- Have solid experience with security practices, networking protocols, and/or compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be meticulously organized.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.