Do well by doing good.
Do you wake up in the morning excited to go to work? Do you want to engage in a mission that fundamentally betters our world? Do you want to work alongside an amazing team of smart, driven, upbeat colleagues with unique backgrounds and interests? Keep reading because EnergySage might be the place for you.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other renewable energy technologies. We strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online. We are looking for passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals to join our team in making renewable energy options more accessible to consumers. We are the most-visited energy website in the U.S.-- last year 10 million people used our tools. What can you help us achieve?
VP Marketplace Sales
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Marketplace Sales is responsible for the growth and success of EnergySage’s two-sided marketplace — inclusive of both inbound consumer sales and our network of installer and supplier partners. In this capacity, you will oversee our consumer-facing Energy Advisor team and the supplier-facing Installer team. As the business continues to expand into adjacent products, services and markets (i.e. Community Solar, Commercial & Industrial), the VP Marketplace Sales will determine how to most effectively manage and execute the attraction, retention, and growth of the offerings.
What You’ll Do:
- Own sales strategy for both the Energy Advisor and Installer teams, and meet/exceed core KPIs
- Lead and mentor high-performing teams -- develop top EnergySage talent and foster efficient cross-functional collaboration
- Iterate and enhance playbooks and processes, including the back-end technology (phone systems, CRM, etc), that support EnergySage growth strategies
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to maintain the pulse of our customer -- and our installer partners
- Manage the growth of the installer/supplier network -- primarily through oversight of:
- Account management strategies -- segment and engage our installer partners and help them grow/succeed on the EnergySage platform
- Business development -- target new installers to bring onto the platform, and manage inbound applications from suppliers requesting to leverage the platform
- Onboarding and training -- bring new installers from Month 0 to Month 6 with the right tools, training, and support for them to succeed; includes iterating on our new installer self-service training platform (EnergySage University)
- Platform enhancements -- partner with our product and engineering teams to execute on the installer roadmap, bringing key features releases to market (and communicating them to the installer network)
- Installer communication and engagement -- work closely with installers, and evolve our means of gauging impact and satisfaction (surveys, etc.)
- Pricing strategy -- assess the business model strategy with our installer partners, and evolve it as we grow
- Analytics and performance management -- drive critical KPIs, including quotes per property, installer satisfaction, installer retention, installer sales success/cost per acquisition, quoting/engagement, and marketplace sales conversion
- Manage the success of the Energy Advisor team -- primarily through oversight of:
- Consumer education and experience -- provide world-class advice and education to each consumer who interacts with us
- Sales playbooks and processes -- evolve our processes and tools (i.e. scripting, training) to iterate on the excellent advice we provide to consumers
- Sales operations -- lead staffing and capacity planning/utilization for our growing EA team; improve the back-end technology that informs our approach (i.e. phone systems, CRM, etc.)
- Performance management -- continue to evolve our methods of assessing performance, and provide the means for advisors to receive coaching and improve; includes training and ongoing coaching/development
- Analytics and tracking -- drive critical KPIs, including consumer satisfaction, session volume, marketplace conversion, etc.
What We Look For:
- 10+ years in sales and related functions, with at least 5 years managing and leading sales and business development function
- Revenue & Cost Management. Understands the business and its industry, identifies and acts on revenue-generating opportunities, and directly contributes to the continuous improvement of the company’s strategies, growth, and overall effectiveness.
- B2B & B2C Sales Competencies. Able to build and lead sales teams -- both through people leadership and also the underlying processes and systems. Includes comfort with training and development. Comfort with both B2C and B2B strategies is preferred.
- Strategy and Execution. Develops strategic priorities, and then drives them to completion.
- Account Planning and Management. Creates a framework for account planning and management across the organization -- leading to high installer engagement and high retention.
- Process and Structure. Develops scalable processes, playbooks, and scripts
- Relationship Building. Engages senior stakeholders to promote potential areas of mutual, long-term interest; brokers transparent relationships between organizations and sectors that further the achievement of business goals.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving. Identifies and analyzes complex problems and makes sound, business-oriented decisions (both short and long term). Builds and leverages dashboards and performance management tools to monitor success.
- Communication and Influence. Communicates effectively with, inspires, and gains support from a variety of internal and external stakeholders with varying degrees of sophistication-- from internal team members to owners of family businesses to senior executives of large partnering organizations.
- Resilience. Models an environment of high energy, enthusiasm and optimism, despite high demands or difficult workloads; shows appreciation for the stressors of employees and instills organizational practices to mitigate disruptive or stressful situations.
- Talent Management. Manages directly, as well as contributes to shaping the organization's people management philosophies and practices. Demonstrates genuine interest and success in managing talent through hands-on involvement in recruiting, performance management and feedback, and coaching and development; including the development of other managers.
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.