, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation
in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 15 million users have planted over 120 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated working student (currently enrolled) to join our user support team in Berlin. Do you want to become part of a great purpose-driven team and communicate a movement and product used by millions of users to plant trees around the world?
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Answering a range of enquiries from Ecosia’s global community with a friendly and engaging tone, including responding to users’ questions regarding the impact of tree-planting, new product features, tech support enquiries.
- Solving users’ problems and providing a delightful user experience by finding and providing the answers they need.
- Supporting Ecosia on Campus campaigns and companies in setting Ecosia as their default search engine by providing relevant technical resources.
- Analyze feedback from users to identify common trends, help create reports with internal user support software.
- Provide feedback and report issues to internal company stakeholders with a focus on Android and iOS enquiries;
- Draft and manage translations of articles for our FAQ section, drawing on insights from recurring questions and trends.
- Improving internal workflows e.g. through writing template replies to help improve the team’s overall response rate.
- Provide potential tree-planting organizations with information on how to apply and partner with us.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
WHAT WE OFFERWork for a purpose:
- English fluency (written and verbal) and written fluency in either German or French. Additional languages are a plus.
- Friendly and personable style of communication; experience working in customer service is a plus.
- An interest and enthusiasm for community engagement.
- Passion to continually improve customer service.
- Understanding and/or willingness to grasp technical processes e.g. extensions, browser types, internet privacy, etc (our team can provide you with support here).
- Ability to pick up using new software quickly such as Help Scout and Airtable.
- Experience using a CRM tool to engage with clients / customers is a plus.
- Motivation to help us fight the climate crisis by reforesting the planet!
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet- Your work will benefit millions of people across the globe daily- Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company- Watch this video
to learn more about working at EcosiaGrow your expertise:
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiativesBalance work with other parts of your life:
- Remote working during to covid restrictions- Choose which days you go to the office and when you work from home- Flexible hours to fit your university schedule- Up to 30 vacation days, calculated by the number of days workedGet compensated well and fairly:
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity billDiversity & Inclusion:
D&I is important for us and we are constantly working on improving it.We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone from any background can do their best work.
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.