We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Test Engineer with experience in electromechanical product validation and reliability testing. In this position, you will be part of the hardware testing team, responsible for developing testing solutions for various AV components. You will work closely with hardware development engineers, reliability engineers, and our suppliers to develop validation and reliability tests in both development and production environments. You will identify testing needs, develop test methods and the test fixtures needed to execute them, and work closely with internal technicians and external partners to execute tests.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure proper validation and reliability test coverage for Cruise AV components. The result of your work enables capturing design weakness in the development phase.
- Develop test methods, fixtures and benches to verify and validate Cruise AV components designs against functional, performance and reliability requirements, in both development and production environments.
- For validation and reliability tests at Cruise or our lab partners, own test preparation, authorize test methods, design test fixtures and work with technicians to execute/ oversee test executions.
- For validation and reliability tests at suppliers, work with reliability engineers to develop proper test coverage, review supplier test fixture design and test setup, and drive supplier execution.
- Analyze testing data and collaborate with cross-functional teams on failure root cause and design countermeasures.
- Participate in design review and xFMEA meetings to ensure lessons learned and best practices are incorporated.
- Collaborating with cross functional development teams to build testability into designs.
What you must have:
- BS in Mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in validation / reliability test development of consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace or related industries.
- Experience with reliability tests such as shock & vibration, thermal, humidity, corrosion and ingress protection.
- Proficient in SolidWorks or similar CAD programs.
- Familiar with common lab testing equipment such as shaker tables, thermal and environmental chambers, data acquisition systems, accelerometers, thermocouples, pressure transducers and flow meters.
- Experience with working with suppliers and reliability engineers on validation / reliability test plan refinement and prioritization.
- MS in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience with L4 autonomous vehicle sensor or compute development.
- Experience in test development of fast-paced environment for both low and medium-high volume products.
- Experience with reliability tests such as shock & vibe, thermal, humidity, corrosion, and ingress protection.
- Familiarity with automotive validation standards.
- Experience with thermal and structural FEA analysis in SolidWorks, ANSYS, or similar.
- Experience with design for testing (DFT).
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.