Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for a hands-on individual to help us develop our core technology through the processing of experimental cell assembly and maintenance requests. In this role, individuals will work directly with our Battery Module Development and Systems Engineering teams to spend time in the laboratory machining, building, or troubleshooting massive grid-scale cell builds. The ideal candidate will be able to master existing processes while proactively seeking out new methods to improve build quality, throughput, and overall process organization. This position offers an exciting opportunity for an individual to sharpen their technical skills and lend their experience to directly impact the development of a breakthrough technology.
What You'll Do:
- Inspect, organize, and prepare device components and hardware for experimental assembly
- Complete high-quality work from various teams adhering to individual timelines
- Document and organize device assembly notes and status for performance traceability
- Manage parts and consumable inventories for standard builds
- Recommend, as well as facilitate installation and assembly of new equipment or tools to increase process efficiency
- Perform routine investigative teardowns of cell fixtures to capture physical material characteristics following cell testing
- Monitor and offer recommendations for keeping Cell Assembly documentation up to date
- Maintain laboratory conditions in a fashion that facilitates cleanliness and productivity for other lab users
What You'll Bring:
- Experience scaling up benchtop assembly or with at-scale manufacturing
- Familiarity with lean concepts to organize and maintain inventory and work stations
- Aptitude for hands-on, high quality, and detail oriented work
- Strong sense of patience and safety in a fast paced environment
- Written and oral communication skills within a group of peers and broader organization
- Comfort using digital tools and organizational software
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.