Our mission is to fulfill the promise of the energy transition by becoming the software platform for Distributed Energy Resources. Named one of Forbes’ top 50 best startup employers in 2023, we operate Virtual Power Plants that help the grid meet demand by coordinating energy usage with generation capacity. Our business model directly contributes to the sun-setting of coal power plants, to grid stability during energy crises (like the 2020 blackout in California and the 2021 Texas winter outage), and to the efficacy of distributed energy resources like solar and wind.
Voltus is a remote and virtual company, distributed across US, Canada, and abroad with many team members in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and other cities. This role can be based anywhere in the US/Canada.
Are you interested in building the technical foundation of the worldwide transition to clean energy? Join our product-focused and mission-driven team!
We are looking for creative and motivated engineers in a variety of skill sets to help build, maintain, architect, and envision the future of our rapidly scaling data platform and product offerings.
Our teams source telemetry data, simulate market rules, estimate performance, forecast event earnings, and calculate everything from grid provider payments to energy usage baselines. We are responsible for the data warehouses, high-availability services, energy market specific business logic, UIs, and analyst workflows that let Voltus customers get the most out of their Distributed Energy Resources.
We are responsible for:
- An immutable warehouse with billions of records (and climbing!)
- Data pipelines that process hundreds of millions of rows daily.
- Systems for translating customers’ real-time energy usage data into quantifiable event performance metrics.
- The core financial data model unifying the fast-growing universe of energy products at Voltus.
- High availability APIs that make all our data available in milliseconds.
- UIs that translate this complex information into actionable applications for Voltans and external customers alike.
- Have a solid fluency with modern programming languages (primarily Python and some Go).
- Have a deep understanding of SQL database design and queries.
- Have experience or interest in scaling data-intensive pipelines and systems.
- Think of yourself as a full stack, backend, or data engineer - we're hiring!
- Be hungry to ramp up your expertise in the complex world of energy markets; no prior energy experience necessary.
We are a distributed, friendly team. If you are excited to use your skills to make the green energy economy stronger and better, we invite you to apply!
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.