Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes, North America’s largest e-bike brand, is on a mission to get people riding radical electric bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone.
Our company is a driving force behind the ebike market expansion in North America, and we’re growing rapidly in Europe. At this rate we’ll more than double in size by the end of 2021, and we’re looking for RADICAL people to join our global teams: Responsible, Approachable, Diverse, Innovative, Customer-Driven, Accountable, and always Learning.
We are seeking a full-time Ebike Mechanic to assist in assembling & approving bikes for safety checks as well as working in our Service department in Vancouver, BC. If you like to problem solve, work with bikes, motors, etc. and want to help us build a world-class service department, we need you! This role will have the opportunity to work both in our service department in-store as well as the ability to travel for mobile service locally.
We are open Monday-Friday 9-5.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 2+ years of experience with bikes in a formal setting
- Good communication skills, friendly attitude and interest in working with ebike consumers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to ascend / descend ladders
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours / day
- Ability to lift, push/pull, leverage and carry 65+ pounds without assistance
- Proficient manual dexterity required while using a variety of hand tools and other equipment
You get bonus points for:
- Experience with electric bikes or vehicles
- Prior experience working in a service department or customer-facing role
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
Working at Rad is built around our RADICAL values - we are:
- Learned about the ebike industry to understand the products we offer on a technical level
- Performed bicycle repairs, tuned & fit bikes for customers, and ensured that all safety checks were performed
- Assisted with inventory management of materials, such as bike accessories, tools, spare parts, and other materials as needed
- Helped to train more junior mechanics and ebike assemblers
- Participated in field service requests from local customers in partnership with our Commercial Sales Division
- Participated in local outreach events and related events with the sales team as needed
- Maintained workshop organization and cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned
Responsible to our environment, community, partners, and teamAccountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedbackDiverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voiceInnovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are originalCustomer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our ridersApproachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to helpLearners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve
Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.