Who are we?
Sidewalk Labs is an urban innovation company that tackles cities' greatest challenges. We create products and solutions, invest in new companies, and help developers build more sustainable, innovative, and equitable places around the world. Our ambitious vision requires us to push ourselves beyond conventional thinking, and we work hard in pursuit of our mission. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts from real estate, urban planning, government, finance, technology, and engineering, among other backgrounds.
Our urban innovations include Delve (a generative design product that empowers real estate teams to design better, faster, with less risk), Mesa (an easy-install kit for commercial buildings that cuts energy costs, improves tenant comfort, and simplifies building operations), Pebble (a low-cost vehicle sensor to help manage parking and curb space), and Affordable Electrification (a new way to manage home energy use to meet a customer’s monthly budget). We're also developing an offsite construction company that can deliver high-quality mass timber buildings for more sustainable living and working.
With the potential to radically improve quality of life in cities for all, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something unprecedented — help us build it!
What is the role?
The Associate Director, Systems Administrator is a role within our Business Operations team, part of the CFO org at Sidewalk Labs. This role reports to our Director of Business Systems and Solutions and will actively work with the IT lead as well. The overall goal of the role is to work across the Sidewalk teams to proactively identify processes and systems that require optimization, mapping out the existing vs ideal set-up of those systems/processes and implementing the solution.
Some of the Role’s key responsibilities:
- Implement, Administer, Upgrade and provide support for SaaS applications like Coupa(Primary), Netsuite, Ultipro, Blackline
- Provide post go-live operational support for existing Coupa instances across Accounting, FP&A, and Procurement teams
- Monitor and manage system integrations with Netsuite, Ultipro, Concur, payment systems (ACH), and Coupa
- Create, modify, and configure Netsuite fields, forms, and workflows
- Work with associates to learn current processes and analyze for improvement
- Set up and configure Authentication and Authorization using OAUTH, SAML2.0
- Manage user access and roles
- Perform Netsuite and Coupa upgrades and deployments. Coordinate testing and upgrade schedules
- Create and maintain automation for regular Netsuite and Coupa tasks especially around tasks involving workflow and notification
- Provide continuous monitoring of existing Netsuite, Coupa, Ultipro and other SaaS implementations
- Assist the project teams in the Implementation of other SaaS based implementations like Ultipro
- Gather and Report on SaaS system availability and performance metrics for Business Reviews
- Maintain and enhance existing process and config documentation of SaaS implementations
- Help train new team members
What You Will Achieve
- After 3 months you will have...
- Built a strong network inside of Sidewalk Labs, understand the breadth of our work and our operating model
- Leaned into the business units to understand their business requirements from the key systems they use
- Mapped out all the key systems at Sidewalk Labs, how they are connected and how they should be connected
- After 6 months you will have...
- Worked with the Director of Business Operations to prioritize potential optimization projects and chosen the first one
- Worked with the IT team to identify key systems or processes that are missing as well as systems that can be replaced or deprecated
- After 12 months you will have...
- Created a systems roadmap for the 12 months ahead
- Become an integral part of making Sidewalk operations stream-lined with the right kind and amount of automation
What We Expect
- Thorough understanding of Coupa or similar procurement system best practices
- Understanding of basic business process in the finance accounting, FP&A, HR, Procurement areas
- Knowledge of Application Architecture, SSO, SAML/OAUTH
- Strong Scripting skills with Netsuite (Nice to have)
- Must have strong communication skills and proficiency in English language
- Formal certification in Oracle/Netsuite and/or Coupa is a plus
- Familiarity with IT Incident Management, Change Management, User Access Management processes and tools
- Ability to quickly learn and support other SaaS applications supporting G&A processes
- 7 to 10 years of experience
We are very excited to hear from you.
Sidewalk Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from underrepresented communities. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role, please apply and we will be happy to consider your application. All employment is based on merit and business need, and we respond to each application we receive.